Ok heres the deal im building my own amp for like a project plus it would be nice to have an amp self made but theres this problem i dont know how to build an amp so any help would be nice... i mean i dont know the first thing about building an amp... help
I build tube amps as a side business...

I got my start at www.ax84.com, they have some nice kits there. After everything is said and done, for the kit, tools, speaker, etc, expect $600 plus, and a few weekends of spare time.

Here's the dealio though...tube amps can kill you. They run on voltages high enough to kill you dead in milliseconds if you wire something wrong or touch the wrong thing. And no offense, but you sound like the type who could end up as a fatality. Try building a pedal (www.buildyourownclone.com) or a solid state amp like mentioned previously. I've been doing electronics stuff as a hobby for 10+ years, and the step to tube amps was HUGE.

Take your time, read up, learn, before you do ANYTHING with tubes. Not because "you might hurt yourself" but because "you might die".

Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by DrappedInBlack
so then you know how to correct? just were do you get the equipment for it and just about how nuch does it cost

Build the Ruby, Little Gem or Noisy Cricket. If you have no soldering gear, everything you need will cost you around $60 (soldering iron, desoldering braid, solder, components, speaker, etc).
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
maybe you shouldn't begin at this project, since you really don't know a thing of it. Why the hell did you even begin this project? since you really don't know a thing of it.
ok im on radioshack and found these boards with holes punched im them and some come with solders im guising those are the metal strips and i aslo seen a soldering kit for 20 bucks but were do i get the real components of the noisycricket you know the wires and watever the hell is in it
Quote by SElbers
maybe you shouldn't begin at this project, since you really don't know a thing of it. Why the hell did you even begin this project? since you really don't know a thing of it.

well you have to start somewhere to learn and its never to late to learn unless you died making a tube amp!!
Quote by DrappedInBlack
so were do i get the equipment for the noisycricket does radioshack have that. I found the board and solders but i need the equipment the stuff that makes it an amp

If you can't work out what components you need, then you are no whiz at electronics. I back up what SElbers said.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by DrappedInBlack
hold... maybe i was a bit to broad with "electronic" whiz by electronics i meant video games and computers so stop being a ****ing pussy and dont post if your not going to help

Stop acting like everyone should walk you through it all, learn how to do it yourself like everyone else does.

****ing pussy.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by DrappedInBlack
hold... maybe i was a bit to broad with "electronic" whiz by electronics i meant video games and computers so stop being a ****ing pussy and dont post if your not going to help

You just earned yourself a reporting. Now go read up on basic schematic reading and different components before you get yourself in more trouble.
Quote by DrappedInBlack

there is a clear diference between an electronics knower and a geek you sir fit in the second description

do research then come back and we will gladly help you
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

laws of phisics down the dump....... volts and watts are the same