http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

Has anyone heard all of this?

I'm listening to the newest SModcast (Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier's podcast), and they talked about this.

I find it very bizarre, shocking, and kind of eye opening.

Do you think, honestly and truthfully, that if you were put in that sitution, that you could go through with it?

I think, in the situation, and me being unknowing of the true experiment, that I would probably go through with it at first, because I would think I was doing something to help, but I would have to stop.

I just couldn't go through with it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
It sounds very interesting, I don't really know what I'd do to be honest.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Heard about it before. Pretty interesting, and I'm curious as to what extent it can account for situations such as My Lai.
Quote by yawn
Heard about it before. Pretty interesting, and I'm curious as to what extent it can account for situations such as My Lai.

+1

It's essentially the same thing.

People following direct orders with no question simply for the sake of a "higher cause".

Again, pretty bizarre, yet interesting.

Saxo-Walrus

I don't know if I could go through it but I know that it's fvcking crazy sh!t dude.... I wouldn't think people were ready to blast 450volt to someone but it seems that they were... -_-'
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Last edited by hurlyz at Sep 11, 2007,
When it started talking about Nazis just following orders, it reminded me of "The Wave".
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
We watched some of the videotapes from the actual experiments in Psych class. It was pretty ****ed up.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Talked about this one in my psychology class. Interesting. I would probably geek out around the level 5 to 7 area and tell the person instructing me to continue to **** themselves. It's what I'd like to believe, but really the thing i learned is sometimes you never can tell.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
I actually want to see some of the tapes to see the people going through with it.

I heard Mosier say he saw videos and such of it.

Saxo-Walrus

strange...it sort of makes sense though being that most people are very complacent
How many volts can kill a person?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
100-200 mA (miliamps) can kill you.

And Mythbusters says 6 mA straight to the heart can kill you (Toaster in the bathtub myth).

Saxo-Walrus