I am in the process of getting my first bass (now that I have my guitar rig sorted). Anyway - I am a bit clueless when it comes to bass gear. I have been thinking about getting a Yamaha bass - BB414, BB404. Just wondering what people think of these bass guitars ? Anything else I should look at ? Ibanez ? I will be playing rock - Guns N Roses, Kiss, AC/DC, Yellowcard.

Amp wise still undecided but I thought I would look at Hartke A70, Hartke B600, Gallien Kruegar BK110, Peavey Max115, Fender Rumble 65.
All Yamaha basses are very high quality for whatever price they're in.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
id say either the yamaha which are good basses for a low prices. or a fender of some sort. Ibanez don't make great basses, but they dont suck either. their necks aren't very good. just go to your local guitar center and try out different basses. oh a schecter might not be too bad either.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Quote by Tiger17
I am in the process of getting my first bass (now that I have my guitar rig sorted). Anyway - I am a bit clueless when it comes to bass gear. I have been thinking about getting a Yamaha bass - BB414, BB404. Just wondering what people think of these bass guitars ? Anything else I should look at ? Ibanez ? I will be playing rock - Guns N Roses, Kiss, AC/DC, Yellowcard.

Amp wise still undecided but I thought I would look at Hartke A70, Hartke B600, Gallien Kruegar BK110, Peavey Max115, Fender Rumble 65.

What the hell is Yellowcard doing in there, lmao.

But Peavy makes pretty solid amps. The Fender Rumble series is always reliable too.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Well when i started playing i had a Yamaha RBX 270, and i still play it today. I went through a HIWATT 25Watt amp back then if i remember rightly lol
Yamaha BB's are good basses. So are the RBX basses. I started out on an RBX270 and still miss it. I vastly prefer them over Ibanez because they feel like a bass guitar... lower end Ibanez (and to me, most Ibanez) basses feel like they just transported their shred-guitar RG necks onto a bass.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I have one of the original 70's BB's and love it to death. They feel so meaty in your hands and sound orgasmic. The original bridge on mine is the best i've ever played, the sustain is massive.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
My dad has a bb series, its a bb n411 i think, its a discontinued model and looks nothing like the new bb's do, but if thts anything to go by they are very good basses!
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Yeah I have a Yamaha RBX 375, and I've played the 374, they really are great basses. Also, my old bass teacher recommended Yamaha to me as great quality at cheap prices.

Oh how I want the TRB6PII though...*weeps that he will not own it unless he saves money next year*
Don't get Hartke amps!!!

Get a GK if you're playing GnR
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Quote by KillEmAll
Don't get Hartke amps!!!

Nothing wrong with Hartke if you want the bright, zingy sound that comes with aluminium cones. For music that requires a pretty meaty, thick sounding bass I find they're not suitable, though.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Nothing wrong with Hartke if you want the bright, zingy sound that comes with aluminium cones. For music that requires a pretty meaty, thick sounding bass I find they're not suitable, though.

Hartke makes paper cones as well, and even though they aren't great cabs, they do the job just fine. All of the VX series have paper cones.
Quote by KillEmAll
Don't get Hartke amps!!!

There's nothing wrong with Hartke amps. Bad experience then?
You could always be like john myung, and get a RBX6JM.
But that's alittle pricey.
Peavey makes wonderful amps and crate amps are pretty good.
Quote by brentonkim
You could always be like john myung, and get a RBX6JM.

He's probably going to abandon those for the EBMM Bongo 6, and I have to say Yamaha really didn't do a great job on the Myung sig.
Quote by Caustic
He's probably going to abandon those for the EBMM Bongo 6, and I have to say Yamaha really didn't do a great job on the Myung sig.

That's probably true.
While he was recording Systematic Chaos, he was using the stingray bongo bass. But you really never know..