I have a Mexican Fat Strat, was made in 04-05, what tuning machines would I buy for this? The reason I want new tuning machines is because the current ones are just cheap crap. The guitar goes out of tune too fast, and tightening the heads of the tuning machines doesn't do anything.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
I replaced my stock ones with gotoh vintage tuners and they're great.
They're easier to restring and they don't leave a sharp string end showing. They keep tune pretty good as well.
Are you sure you're giving the strings a sufficient amount of wraps around the tuning posts, and that they're properly stretched?
Do you happen to have your trem set so it's floating, do you?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i have a mim standard strat and i replaced my tuners with planet waves locking tuners are you looking for anything specific?
Yeah the trems floating. Came like that.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Yea the tuners used on lower end guitars are pretty much crap. If you look a set of "economy" tuners are 10 bucks. The next step up is basic gotoh, grover, etc are 40 bucks or more. And then locking are a little more. The locking are much better no need worry about string wraps or anything. But not all brands might fit so well. There are different post size's for the different tuners. I dont know what size hole is used in a strat. Knowing fender it changes from day to day. But just think of quality difference when a set is 10 bucks or when they are 10 bucks a piece.
Check the locking tuners from Guitar Fetish, pretty good IMO.