View poll results: Free Bird?
Yes.
20 61%
No.
5 15%
Play your own arrangement of it.
8 24%
Voters: 33.
If the crowd for Battle of the Bands asks for Free Bird, we should definitely play it in lieu of our other songs right?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
There's a thread thats exactly the same as this on the front page.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
No, but if you win and they ask for an encore, hell yes.

Or any other time. Ever.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Depends if you can pull it off properly not just scaling up and down the fretboard.
But what it really comes down to is your gut feeling, listen to it.

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
Alter Bridge new album BlackBird hitting stores october 9th. with 8minute track "blackbird" which will rival freebird. or better!
Quote by Incardito
Depends if you can pull it off properly not just scaling up and down the fretboard.
But what it really comes down to is your gut feeling, listen to it.

I can play okay expressively I guess. Vibrato's pretty tight, and bends are almost always on pitch. So, you think we could pull this off?
Gear...
Don't do it because it's probably the most unexplainably popular song ever.
If you can pull it off, you get a bazillion cool points.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Yeah, people always yell for Free Bird. But if you actually PLAY it and PULL IT OFF, then that would be gnarly.
Quote by tuluks
Alter Bridge new album BlackBird hitting stores october 9th. with 8minute track "blackbird" which will rival freebird. or better!
Slavebird would have been a better name. =/
When I saw this thread I thought you were advertising giving away your bird for free
usually when people yell freebird in the audience thats a bad thing, least shows ive been to
Double time...

That's a good idea. Then we can do that and fit everything else in. Well.
Just double time solo I guess. Don't wanna completely screw up the song.
Gear...
i'd say anyone who yells, "Freebird!" at a concert needs to get paper cuts at the corner of his or her mouth. They must have yet to receive the message that it is not cute, funny, humorous, entertaining, amusing, indulging, or there of lack of a better word, intelligent to do so. Usually the people who DO yell it out are those people that you really don't like but you feel sorry for them so you like them anyways....understand where i'm going on this one?
Quote by Maet
Don't do it because it's probably the most unexplainably popular song ever.

That sounds like a perfectly clear reason to do it.

No logic.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Hexagram
i'd say anyone who yells, "Freebird!" at a concert needs to get paper cuts at the corner of his or her mouth. They must have yet to receive the message that it is not cute, funny, humorous, entertaining, amusing, indulging, or there of lack of a better word, intelligent to do so. Usually the people who DO yell it out are those people that you really don't like but you feel sorry for them so you like them anyways....understand where i'm going on this one?

No, you see, people shout it BECAUSE it isn't any of those things. They shout it for the ironic satire of shouting something that isn't funny. Once THAT becomes unfunny then they will shout it BECAUSE it lost its ironic satire of its self.