Page 1 of 3
Here are some highly respectable musicians I don't care for:

Niccolò Paganini - Yes, he was an amazing Classical violinist, but as far as his composing goes, I just really have never cared for it. On a side-note, I'm not sure why, but I personally find it heavily pretentious when Metal guitarists cite him as one of their biggest influences.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers - As far as Modern Rock music goes, they are okay, however I just have little regard for their composing.

Metal (Not a musician, but a genre) - I personally don't think it's the worst genre, however I just can't stand it. I love Classical, Jazz, Classic and Modern Rock, Ranchera, Folk, Soul, Blues, Electronica, Big Band, Blues and I even listen to a bit of Polka, but I just really dislike Metal.
yep RHCP definitely. mainly Frusciante...
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Pink Floyd

there, i said it.

they have a few songs i can listen to, but overall, i just cant listen to them. i respect them, and what they have done, but i cant really enjoy it.
The Beatles, never really liked them, their commercials got on my nerves when i was young and i never go into their music. Minus "I Am the Walrus" that song messes with my head every time i hear it
Quote by 18th_Angel
No dude, that is definitely an ugly chick. I'm talking 10 or 11 beers ugly.
Quote by The Madcap
Here are some highly respectable musicians I don't care for:

Niccolò Paganini - Yes, he was an amazing Classical violinist, but as far as his composing goes, I just really have never cared for it. On a side-note, I'm not sure why, but I personally find it heavily pretentious when Metal guitarists cite him as one of their biggest influences.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers - As far as Modern Rock music goes, they are okay, however I just have little regard for their composing.

Metal (Not a musician, but a genre) - I personally don't think it's the worst genre, however I just can't stand it. I love Classical, Jazz, Classic and Modern Rock, Ranchera, Folk, Soul, Blues, Electronica, Big Band, Blues and I even listen to a bit of Polka, but I just really dislike Metal.

I tend to hate fans of things more than specific genres artists or composers. It's important to differentiate these two things.

Paganini's music for guitar and violin has some extremely melodic stuff, often very simple.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
This is a good thread.

Many people misunderstand "dislike" or "distaste" toward a genre or musician as disrespect.

I dislike Rust Cooley, but his talent is astounding and I respect that.
Rumor has it Paganini was the first musician to sell his soul to the devil.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I dislike yet respect The Beatles. I personally believe they were overrated and that their early stuff was ****e, and their later psychedelically influenced stuff was better, but when they broke up it was better musically.
Um, highly respected musicians i don't care for huh? i actually agree about RHCP. i never got into them. Flea is an amazing bassist though.

I don't care for U2 or The police. I actually think they're great musicians, i just don't like their music.

I think Frank Sinatra is boring. Before anyone flames, my brother has already said it all. i stand by my statement. His band was good, the man's voice is boring. in my opinion of course.

Other than that, i can't think of anyone else right now.
Yngwie Malmsteen

Michael Angelo Batio

Dave Mustaine

I don't like 'em...
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Probably Hendrix, he was great, but kind of boring if you listen to him for more than 2 songs IMO!

oh and Madcap, isn't it a little harsh saying you hate a whole genre? not attacking you just saying
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I've never heard yngwie spoken, and thus pause every time I see it and try to figure it out and give up.... how is it pronounced? and now I can't think of anything on topic because of this..... it always happens... I don't think I've ever posted in a thread where yngwie malmsteen has been mentioned because I lose track of what it was talking about....
oh and metallica

yeah, they're good but... there's tons of bands out there, why metallica has to be so over rathed

and slayer too
I dislike people who don't like bands/songs because they're 'over-rated' or 'popular' if a band/song is good then it's good, if it's not it's not. It doesn't matter if a bunch of people like it. Most stuff that's popular at the moment, that doesn't mean it's good, but stuff that's older, and still considered good, then it's probably good. not always, but for something to survive longer than a couple years it probably has some kind of redeeming quality about it. If it's just not to someone's taste that's fine, but don't automatically hate something because its well known or popular.

/rant
The Police I really don't like.

Excepting a few songs, The Doors I think are also very mediocre.
Can't stop the signal.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I've never heard yngwie spoken, and thus pause every time I see it and try to figure it out and give up.... how is it pronounced? and now I can't think of anything on topic because of this..... it always happens... I don't think I've ever posted in a thread where yngwie malmsteen has been mentioned because I lose track of what it was talking about....

Yngwie is pronunced "ING-Vey" if you prefer Swedish natural style or "ING-wii" if you prefer the Anglicanized style
i can completely agree with RHCP. I can understand why people DO like them but with the exception of some songs, I just can't stand them, especially Stadium Arcardium
Quote by UTVol
The Beatles, never really liked them, their commercials got on my nerves when i was young and i never go into their music. Minus "I Am the Walrus" that song messes with my head every time i hear it

never heard that song, but +1 I don't see why every loves them so much, sure they were influential but seriously...
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieau (sp?).

They're amazing guitarists, and chock full of talent, I just can't stand their music. At all. They could be doing so much more with their talent, IMO.

They're the first ones that come to mind.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20

They're amazing guitarists, and chock full of talent, I just can't stand their music. At all. They could be doing so much more with their talent, IMO.

i got another one, specially for you

OPETH

seriously, i can't stand them
Quote by deluxity
i got another one, specially for you

OPETH

seriously, i can't stand them

Ehh. To each their own. Why get offended?

I'm sure I'll run into a few Trivium fanboys along the course of this thread as well.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by The Madcap
I love Classical

REALLY?

Anyways, I don't like Dream Theater. I don't get the appeal of a metal band with a really weak singer. Maybe his voice is just too high or something.
Quote by fallenangel20
Ehh. To each their own. Why get offended?

I'm sure I'll run into a few Trivium fanboys along the course of this thread as well.

yeah i know, i don't want to offend anyone (i don't care if i do it though)

i'd love to get flamed for flaming opeth,metallica, slayer and lous armstrong

i'm just waiting (saddly, i need to sleep so...)
Quote by fallenangel20

fallenangel, you may not know me, but i know you, mainly because you love Opeth as i do. Yet, i also love Trivium. So, you have now put me in this predicament concerning my disposition of you.....give me one hour to meditate on the situation and i will return with an answer
Can't stand U2 i find bono overrated and the Edge mediocre. I can see why people like them but I don't like there cheesy lyrics.

Any death metal/gore/dark/doom pretty much all new metal. i dont like that much distortion and squeeling lyrics doesn't appeal to me i do see there techincal speed and such i just dont like it.

Jobforacowboy- guy sounds like a ****ing piggy.
Quote by Hexagram
fallenangel, you may not know me, but i know you, mainly because you love Opeth as i do. Yet, i also love Trivium. So, you have now put me in this predicament concerning my disposition of you.....give me one hour to meditate on the situation and i will return with an answer

I know you by name and avatar and whatnot, don't worry. I may not know you like I know Leonheart or insideac or something, but I know you.

And, hey, like I said, to each his own. I wasn't out trying to offend people, or cause a raucus, I was just voicing my opininon.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Hexagram

like he cared about it
Quote by fallenangel20

I know you by name and avatar and whatnot, don't worry. I may not know you like I know Leonheart or insideac or something, but I know you.

And, hey, like I said, to each his own. I wasn't out trying to offend people, or cause a raucus, I was just voicing my opininon.

lol, i completely understand. I was only joking. You didn't offend me at all but there are certain people in this forum that i always question their musical preferance, you being one of them because of your avatar. But as you previously stated, to each his own
Quote by Kulvin
REALLY?

Anyways, I don't like Dream Theater. I don't get the appeal of a metal band with a really weak singer. Maybe his voice is just too high or something.

My friend likes 'em, I enjoy a lot of stuff but after awhile they get on my nerves. Too much wanking on the guitar/synth, and over singing (James Labrie does not weak singing).

The majority of "Progressive" bands today, their talented, but the majority are not progressing musically.
Quote by guitarbreaker
My friend likes 'em, I enjoy a lot of stuff but after awhile they get on my nerves. Too much wanking on the guitar/synth, and over singing (James Labrie does not weak singing).

The majority of "Progressive" bands today, their talented, but the majority are not progressing musically.

then what's the progressive in it?

btw, i love y our avatar, GYBE! FTW!!!
Pink Floyd -great musicans but i really only like Money and Another Brick in the Wall

Most shredders - Just because it's too much for me.

I would say U2 but they are not respected musicians and are the biggest pieces of **** out there. THeir music sucks and is all the same.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
i tend to dislike alot of bands based mostly on the vocalist and lyrics:
GreenDay(find the lyrics too silly)
VanHalen(david era and Vanhagar era)
Zakk Wylde(seems like he copies Ozzy's terrible vocals)
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...
Quote by The4thHorsemen

its pronounced ingvay
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, U2, Chet Atkins

those are the first ones that come to mind
i respect what they have done for the music industry and i recognize the fact that they are (mostly) good musicians but I really can't stand any of those bands/artists music.
Gooby Pls.
Page 1 of 3