I just heard on the radio that tomorrow morning they are announcing a huge show in my town, i just moved here. They don't have alot of shows but the ones they do have are great. The community here is rich (oil sands, something like 50 billion barrels or something, maybe more.) and only 80,000 people. Last month The Tragically Hip played here for 3,000 people so it's pretty awesome.

They say it could be Velvet Revolver, Sum 41 or Finger 11 which are ok, i guess I like velvet revolver and Sum 41 but not Finger 11. all of those bands are playing in Edmonton Oct. 15th and 16th so I figure it'll be all three. Edmonton is four hours away.

This sounds like it could be a decent show

At 7:50 tomorrow morning i'll be on the way to school so i'll miss the announcement so I'm bummed about that..

Anyone ever been to see a good band in a small setting like this ?
Quote by scheck006
If UG had rep I'd give it to you.

Quote by zetaspartan2552
sounds like your mom suffers from mental retardation.

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Peavey Special 212 Guitar Amp
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
I saw Queens of the Stone Age play for like 600 people. That was pretty cool.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
There's also shows that don't suck in Edmonton. Keep an eye out.

PS. That is NOT a small setting.

You can see some fairly well known folk-punk bands in people's basements if you're savvy.
where was that, cause i think they played here the other night... Someone was talkin g about how he went to it
Quote by scheck006
If UG had rep I'd give it to you.

Quote by zetaspartan2552
sounds like your mom suffers from mental retardation.

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Peavey Special 212 Guitar Amp
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Lolz.

I got to go to the 'secret' Sonic Youth show. There were like...less than 300 people at the venue.

I filled with great amounts of both rage and envy.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Do you, by any chance, live in Ft. Mc. Murray?
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by civildp1
I filled with great amounts of both rage and envy.

I snagged the set list as a memento. To get the tickets, you had to buy Rather Ripped at certain locations. My mom didn't want me to miss school so she went out early and got them for me. Hahaha.

I ended up talking to Lee and Steve, and Alison, the drummer from Awesome Color. It was awesome.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

I snagged the set list as a memento. To get the tickets, you had to buy Rather Ripped at certain locations. My mom didn't want me to miss school so she went out early and got them for me. Hahaha.

I ended up talking to Lee and Steve, and Alison, the drummer from Awesome Color. It was awesome.

Well I guess that's what I get for buying it on vinyl instead.