I need help. I dont know where to start. I know how to wire. I have access to the required tools. I know how to paint good... not paint pretty but how to get a good paintjob. I know the jist of guitars and how bridges work and ****. BUt i dont know what kinda wood to get or anythign... this is what I wanna make...

A warrior mixed with a randy rhoades body style...
and a solid nechtru at least 24 frets. maybe 25 frets.
7 string
Floyde Rose Bridge
2 EMG or Seymor Duncan Pickups.
I want to do the neck with either no inlays or custom neck inlay.
I want the head to look kinda like an ibanez head mixed with a jackson head.

i can design the guitar. i just dont know what kind of materials to make it out of..
I know about ordering my pickups, bridge, tuning nobs, bridge, a fret set, pots, jacks, and all that good stuff... anyone help me get started? thanks.
GUITARS
G&L Legacy w/ 2 seymore duncan pickups
Peavey Tracer (24 fret) with floyde rose tremelo
Dean Evo
Harmony Strat Style
Fender DG7
Yamaha PJ Bass

AMPS
Marshall Half
Ibanez TB100R
Khoner Vox Amp

FX
Banshee Talkbox
PodXT Live
what? im serious? i have the money. my best friends dad is a woodcrafter. but he doesnt know anything about guitars... i want something light... kinda thin body... ever seen herman li's guitar. i want something thin. not that thin. but thin... i want the guitar to be as thick as a dean guitar neck... im just not exactly sure how to do solid body with neckthru or how i should go about doing pickup wholes and wiring without a pickguard... thanks.
GUITARS
Dean Evo
Harmony Strat Style
Fender DG7
Yamaha PJ Bass

AMPS
Marshall Half
Ibanez TB100R
Khoner Vox Amp

FX
Banshee Talkbox
PodXT Live
for the EMG's get 707 theyre active pups for 7 strings

for the body and or neck you can't go wrong with alder for a light body

use maple for a fretboard with maple or ebony, depending what color you want your guitar
for wiring without a pickguard, use the rear-routing method (also very good since you want a floyd rose)
....do you realize how difficult this would be? i mean, if you're not an expert guitarist and have an amazing understanding of guitar, you shouldnt try this. its going to sound like trash. you have to get the scale perfect, the frets perfectly spaced, drill a perfect straight hole through the entire length of the neck for the truss rod, rout out space for the tremelo, make sure the fret bars are not too high or too low.............its going to be near impossible for you to accomplish all this dude. anyway..good luck i guess. you'll definitely need it haha
IMO if you have the money, why dont you order a custom guitar from Jackson or ESP? you can submit your design, what specs you want and they'll make it for a few grand (1-4 thousand)
i dont have THAT much money. i have about 900 to put into the guitar. im not an EXPERT guitarist but i have recorded a bit and written music, played shows, and got a band signed. until we broke up... also been playing for like 6 years. i have also taken AC, DC, SemiConductors, and Digital so i know about wiring. as far as the neck to bridge ratio... im going to basically just copycat my roomates guitar/neck scaling... and make it exact same distance. same with neck fretting. im gonna make it in the exact spot... alder solid and ebony maple fretboard... uhmm when you do neckthru body you just cut the wood as one piece? or do you like glue the **** or wha? i can get the whole straight through the whole neck for the truss rod. thats not a problem... like i said, my friends borhter has a woodworking shop and all kindsa good tools and ****... yeah

thats the design...
GUITARS
Dean Evo
Harmony Strat Style
Fender DG7
Yamaha PJ Bass

AMPS
Marshall Half
Ibanez TB100R
Khoner Vox Amp

FX
Banshee Talkbox
PodXT Live
thats what my white bar at the top is... but the way a locking nut is designed it is in 3 - 2 string clamps... im going to try to see if i can get a custom made necklocking mechanism simialar to a capo but more like... an old Processor bar that i can kinda pull off and pop to let go of tension if i need to retune quick instead of pulling out a toolset... :P

anyone have picture tutorial or any tutorial on making guitar bodie/solid body/neckthru type thing?
GUITARS
Dean Evo
Harmony Strat Style
Fender DG7
Yamaha PJ Bass

AMPS
Marshall Half
Ibanez TB100R
Khoner Vox Amp

FX
Banshee Talkbox
PodXT Live
If you have to ask these sort of questions, don't even think of starting your build. Chances are it's going to end up in a splintered mess on the ground. You need to know how each part of the guitar interacts to produce a decent sounding note, and how each of these parts are designed. Once you've got that worked out, start reading up on other peoples builds to see where they went wrong, or where they succeeded. Visit Project Guitar and treat most articles there as your bible - a lot of the guys there have immense amounts of knowledge about most things luthier-related. Join the forums and have a bit of a browse and see what other people are up to.
After you've done that, draw up full scale plans and find what you think might become a problem - for example, I don't think your headstock shape is very structurally sound. Your strap buttons aren't positioned very well either.
Once you've got more of an idea what you're doing, start posting your progress here. A lot of the guys have a lot of knowledge and can help you with any problems that might come your way (as they inevitably will during such a build).
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
^ yeah hes right.
you need alot of planning and knowledge before you start.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
why don't you just put on locking tuners insted of going into all that crap with the nut?. No offence but by the sounds of you, i wouldn't go head first and throw 900 bucks into a guitar without the knowledge.
Does a floyd rose style trem system stay in tune with locking tuners instead of a locking nut?!
Quote by fortysix&2
Does a floyd rose style trem system stay in tune with locking tuners instead of a locking nut?!

It depends. With a graphite or roller nut, then it will generally have fairly decent tuning stability. With just a normal nut it will go out of tune relatively quickly.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
It depends. With a graphite or roller nut, then it will generally have fairly decent tuning stability. With just a normal nut it will go out of tune relatively quickly.

I use schallers and a vintage trem and my guitar never goes out of tune. And string breaks dont F*CK up my entire tuning either. So I can always go to a different string if I'm in a situation where that would happen. Can't do that with a floyd.
I'm not going to get into that argument waiting to happen ^, but He has a good design, A good idea. Just lacking knowlage. Man i'm going to be honest with yah. Don't do this just yet. Wait and read up as much as you can. Listen to how certain guitars are at your local music store and find out what they are made of, and make shure you know how wood will effect your tone. It is relitivly Moderate diffacutly to build a guitar. It's hard to build a Nice/Good/Excelent guitar. It's extremly easy to get distressed, give up, and waste all that cash you already invested on a unfinished project.

I'm not agenst you building a guitar. I belive one of the best moments in life is when you sucessfuly do something you set your heart out to do. Just don't dive head into the fight with out knowing what you are fighting. Gain some knowlage.
Quote by Metal0Maniac
http://www.amazon.com/Make-Your-Own-Electric-Guitar/dp/0953104907/ref=ed_oe_p/102-8649592-6857720?ie=UTF8&qid=1189567326&sr=1-1
Read this book and hang around the GB&C forums for a few weeks. You're gonna need a lot larger information base if you want to build a guitar.

I never even though of Real books O.o I'm going to even take a look at this. You can never know too much ^_^, Thanks
Real men don't break strings xD
Vintage trems are completely different.
I like that headstock design, I saw trent reznor playing a guitar with one of them, but the other way around, it was kick buttocks.
thanks for the help and support. im thinking about changing the design a little bit. i have 5 guitars. not counting the guitars i play that are my roomates/bandmates and other people... so i know alot about what I like... i just dont know alot about guitar building or woodworking. thats where my friends dad comes in. hes a carpenter/woodcrafter... so he has the tools and knowledge but no musical knowledge so im gonna learn some stuff about it and then go to him. thanks for the help. will try to post up on updates. cya/
GUITARS
Dean Evo
Harmony Strat Style
Fender DG7
Yamaha PJ Bass

AMPS
Marshall Half
Ibanez TB100R
Khoner Vox Amp

FX
Banshee Talkbox
PodXT Live
i forsee this project turing out like my ex girlsfriend, broken , beaten, splintered and burned curled up in a lil corner as its owner pours lye over it . . . yeah poor guitar
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff