hello UG
well in our english class we got to pick a campaign on things like human rights, war, climate change and stuff like that. i picked gay rights (I am not gay but i don't think they get everthing they should.

the questions are easy
but the two i am stuck on are
"Make a Radio Ad to support your campaign"
"design a poster supporting your campaign" E.g if it is save the whales a whale poster with a ship attacking whales or something.
but i cant think of anything to do on gay rights i think im am going to do the radio ad something along the lines of "If you see a man and woman holding hands you don't think it is wrong but if you see two guys or girls you think of them as weird and stuff".
oh and song is going to be Y-M-C-A in the backround.

and yes i picked this topic myself and my year has given enough for it all ready so please don't call me a gay and **** because its just stupid.

sorry if their are any spelling mistakes and for all the righting
any help is wanted
Have a picture of a gay couple on your poster in the center. You can highlight some key points about Gay Rights around the world in little paragraphs or bullet points and paste them around the sides of the poster. And include facts about the opposition toward Gay Rights.

I think it would be cool to focus not only on the Gay Rights in your country, but all around the world, to give a fair idea of how the issue stands on an international level.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
the poster could be a guy and a chick holding hands smilinmg, t chicks holding hands and smiling and 2 guys holding hands and smiling. Then under, you write "Happiness is great. Don't take it away from somebody. Everybody qualifies for human rights, because we're all human" or some **** like that.

anyways, youre free to use that idea liberally and unashmedly calling it your own, cause ill never use it, and you shouldn't let ideas go to waste
Darkstar
yep i have done that it was in another question but i will also do that in the poster i was also thinking of putting a picture of a man and woman up and say wahts the difference we all can love or something
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
the poster could be a guy and a chick holding hands smilinmg, t chicks holding hands and smiling and 2 guys holding hands and smiling. Then under, you write "Happiness is great. Don't take it away from somebody. Everybody qualifies for human rights, because we're all human" or some **** like that.

+1
That's what I'm thinking. Try not to focus solely on gay rights, but on how it should be considered normal and how it fits in with everybody else...if that makes any sense.

Also, feel free to use my slogan. "Yay for gay!!"
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
here's a poster idea:

have a picture of a gay couple and under it write,
"Just because they bat for the other team doesn't mean you have the right to playa hate."
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
+1
That's what I'm thinking. Try not to focus solely on gay rights, but on how it should be considered normal and how it fits in with everybody else...if that makes any sense.

Also, feel free to use my slogan. "Yay for gay!!"

yeah i need a headign for the poster 2 i was thinkings of "Everyone can love"
and also thanks for the make it fit in with everyone else idea

i was looking up the issue on the internet and it said gay was a mental illness WTF!
Gay Rights? pssh. more like Gay Wrongs.

(just kidding, im not actually prejudice)
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
I know this is only a project, but I think you are going about it the wrong way. Don't bash people in the face with a topic they are already uncomfortable with, it will only alienate them further. Use logic and reasoning. You want to convince the people that are uncomfortable with it, the people that are alright with it don't need any convincing. Therefore showing them pictures and doing other flamboyant things will create an opposite effect, they'll tune you out immediately.

Instead, I'd suggest taking a different route. I'll address the radio commercial.

Start it out like it's a governmental notice of great importance, saying something like "Attention. This is an announcement from Washington. Citizens of the United States, it is my great honor to inform you of a few changes that will result in a much better America. Starting this Sunday, every citizen will be shipped a standard-issue uniform courtesy of the Unites States Government. This is to be worn Monday through Friday, no exceptions, for the betterment of the American Psyche. Furthermore, it is now required that every citizen check in weekly to an assigned government officer, who will have complete legal power. The betterment of America! For America! Home of The Brave!" And then have a cut in that simply states "You wouldn't want the government interfering on your rights; don't interfere with theirs. Gay Rights are still rights."

Damn I dig this stuff.

Edit: Oh, also include the bit in the Constitution about "Right to pursue happiness," almost forgot about that. You can find where to splice it in.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Last edited by UndeadPaperclip at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by beetroot10
yeah i need a headign for the poster 2 i was thinkings of "Everyone can love"
and also thanks for the make it fit in with everyone else idea

i was looking up the issue on the internet and it said gay was a mental illness WTF!

The world over, hatred for gays usually stems from strict religious stances. The religious institutions will go to extreme lengths to make homosexuality look as bad as possible.

As for your poster, I think an appropriate title might be "Can't a couple be happy?" Happy, being the synonym for gay.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
The world over, hatred for gays usually stems from strict religious stances. The religious institutions will go to extreme lengths to make homosexuality look as bad as possible.

I have to disagree. Religion is used as their cover, but it isn't the real reasoning. Hatred for gays stems from a natural fear and distaste for the unordinary and strange. These people simply use Religion so they don't have to face their own irrationality. Besides, true Christians would love gays, not hate them.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by darkstar2466

As for your poster, I think an appropriate title might be "Can't a couple be happy?" Happy, being the synonym for gay.

i like that
Quote by civildp1
here's a poster idea:

have a picture of a gay couple and under it write,
"Just because they bat for the other team doesn't mean you have the right to playa hate."

thats great! haha...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
This gent right here is who you should be listening too.

Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I know this is only a project, but I think you are going about it the wrong way. Don't bash people in the face with a topic they are already uncomfortable with, it will only alienate them further. Use logic and reasoning. You want to convince the people that are uncomfortable with it, the people that are alright with it don't need any convincing. Therefore showing them pictures and doing other flamboyant things will create an opposite effect, they'll tune you out immediately.

Instead, I'd suggest taking a different route. I'll address the radio commercial.

Start it out like it's a governmental notice of great importance, saying something like "Attention. This is an announcement from Washington. Citizens of the United States, it is my great honor to inform you of a few changes that will result in a much better America. Starting this Sunday, every citizen will be shipped a standard-issue uniform courtesy of the Unites States Government. This is to be worn Monday through Friday, no exceptions, for the betterment of the American Psyche. Furthermore, it is now required that every citizen check in weekly to an assigned government officer, who will have complete legal power. The betterment of America! For America! Home of The Brave!" And then have a cut in that simply states "You wouldn't want the government interfering on your rights; don't interfere with theirs. Gay Rights are still rights."

Damn I dig this stuff.

Edit: Oh, also include the bit in the Constitution about "Right to pursue happiness," almost forgot about that. You can find where to splice it in.