I was looking into getting a multi effects pedal, just something to mess about with at home really I've seen the new pocket pods which look pretty good for the price of £69 and they got a 5 star in the new total guitar mag. Is there any others that would be worth a look at?
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
It's very hard to find a decent multi-effects pedal. I used to have a Zoom 505II which was....OK. But a few years on I realised how shocking it sounds next to other guitarists' gear. If your just wanting to mess around with different effects for the giggle then I'd go with a Zoom.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Zoom G1 maybe? I've heard really great things about it!

Infact every review i've read on it said its amazing for the price
I own 2 multi effects units. I use one and only as a tuner, volume pedal, and booster. You will find they do a marginal job of everything. The EQ has few useful settings, the compressor is unadjustable it has settings of 1-10 whatever that means. Most of the effects I have never found a use for. If you want a flanger, wah, chorus, etc its best to just go buy a single purpose unit. Its ok for messing around on a practice amp. But doesnt sound so good running on a good tube amp. And you kinda gotta watch what guitar mags say. I know they are usually sponsored by the pedal they recommend. Think tobacco institute and cigarettes.
I would also like to know what people make of the PocketPod, seems a good idea, but could just be a money scheme
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
yeah the thing about the mag maybe true, thats why i wanted people views of it from here =]
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I use pitchshifter and ring modulator - effects I wouldn't have tried if I didn't have them. Don't write off getting a MFX.
I have a Boss OD-20 Drive Zone. I have had it for about 10 months and grow to like it more as time passes. It has the following features:

- COSM Overdrive/Distortion Modeling pedal with 22 killer stompbox models including 6 all-new tones

- Models classic and modern overdrive/distortion pedals like BOSS OD-1 and MT-2, plus many other vintage and boutique pedals

- Attack Shape control adjusts overdrive's response dynamics to your playing

- Heavy Octave parameter creates sounds one octave below notes played on the 4th string, 4th fret and lower-great for heavy, single string riffs!

- 4 User memories for storing custom settings

- Line output with Amp Simulator; also works as headphone output

- Amp Control jack for switching amp channels from the OD-20

I do not work for Boss, sell musical instruments, or anything like that, I just like how the unit sounds and I grow to like it more and more. I got mine for $99 to boot by taking the demo unit from the Boss display at Mr. E's. Here is a pic of the unit below.

Chris
Attachments:
Boss_OD_20.jpg
Last edited by RCShadow at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by Sir Edwin CBE
I use pitchshifter and ring modulator - effects I wouldn't have tried if I didn't have them. Don't write off getting a MFX.

A good point. Also, with the higher-end units, the ability to create dynamic effects based on combinations can get pretty insane. I can't say much given your price range, but if you can hold out, look into the GT-8. Well worth the money.