Hi all,

First of all i'm a beginner, so plz don't mind if this question is kinda noobish.

I'm learning a song now where i have to quickly switch back and forth between:

- - - -
-3- -3-
-2- -0-
-0- -0-
- - - -
-2- -3-

but i can't get my fingering right. As a temporary solution I play the third fret on the sixt string instead of the second fret in the first chord. In that way i only have to lift/place my index finger on/from the 2nd string when changing chords (I play the first chord with ringfinger on 2nd string, index on 3rd and middlefinger on 6th, also muting the 5th with my middlefinger.)

this is the way i play i now because i cant get the fingering right:
- - - -
-3- -3-
-2- -0-
-0- -0-
- - - -
-3- -3-

Sadly this doesnt sound like the real thing. Some suggestions about how to finger the frets of both chords in a way that makes it easy to switch back and forth between the 2 chords would be very helpfull.

Thx in advance for all suggestions!
Last edited by VODA... at Sep 11, 2007,
You're going to have to build up finger strength and dexterity, which will come in time. This is a relatively easy chord change. Place your index finger on the second fret of the low E, your ring finger on the second fret of the G, and your pinky on the 3rd fret of the B. The finger on the low E must be covering the A string enough to prevent it from making noise, but not so much that it is fretted. For the chord change, just raise your ring finger, and slide the index finger up one fret. This will take practice, but as you practice it will become easier, and over time, it will be much easier, what with the frets wearing down from use. If I made any mistakes, someone please correct me. I'm a metal guitarist, so I'm not a big chord person.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
This is how I'd personally do it. Not sure if it's the "right" way, but it works for me. "Ring" means ring finger and so on. I think you can figure it out.

- - - - - -
-3-ring
-2-index
- - mute with middle
-2-middle

-
-3-ring
-0-
-0-
- mute with middle
-3-middle
Thx for the advice so far guys. I'll go try the suggestions as soon as i get back from work. Please keep the advice comming.

And btw.. Yeah i made a kinda cheesy topic name, but hey!.. At least it got you guys to take a look at it.. lol!
Quote by noahray
first, make sure shes nice and wet. a little stimulation of the clit will juice her right up. start by spreading her lips and then inserting the index finger into the vagina. if shes a little loose, you can try moving on to index and middle. any more is up to your disgression

Legend
This is how id do it:

The first chord is a Dsus2/F#, Id use my middle finger on the G string, ring finger on the B string and then wrap my thumb aroung the neck to fret the F# on the low E string.
The Second chord is easy: Ring finger on the low E string, pinky on the B string.
Quote by tom183
This is how id do it:

The first chord is a Dsus2/F#, Id use my middle finger on the G string, ring finger on the B string and then wrap my thumb aroung the neck to fret the F# on the low E string.
The Second chord is easy: Ring finger on the low E string, pinky on the B string.

I already tried playing the first chord the way you described. Drawback is when you use the wrapped thumb to fret the 3th fret on the 6th string, you don't have the 5th string muted. When using the methods the others described (either middle- or indexfinger) its easy to mute the 5th string with the finger that is playing the 6th. Do you use your free index finger to mute the 5th in the way you described?

Anyway i'm gonna try all methods described in the previous posts (including the one Noahray wrote lol ) and see wich one is the easiest and/or fastest.

More suggestions still appreciated.
Drawback is when you use the wrapped thumb to fret the 3th fret on the 6th string

I only recommended wrapping your thumb around the neck for the first chord. For the second chord i recommended using your ring finger on the low E string and pinky on the B string.
Quote by tom183
I only recommended wrapping your thumb around the neck for the first chord. For the second chord i recommended using your ring finger on the low E string and pinky on the B string.

Yeah but you still have to mute the 5th string in the first chord. Do you use your free index to do that?
Yeah but you still have to mute the 5th string in the first chord.

Are you sure? It seems unlikely that you would have to since its an A which youre already playing (G string, second fret). Therefore youre still playing the same chord, just adding another 5th in there.
If it is crucial to mute the A string for whatever reason then i would play it with my middle finger on the low E, ring finger on the G string and pinky on the B string.
Quote by tom183
Are you sure? It seems unlikely that you would have to since its an A which youre already playing (G string, second fret). Therefore youre still playing the same chord, just adding another 5th in there.
If it is crucial to mute the A string for whatever reason then i would play it with my middle finger on the low E, ring finger on the G string and pinky on the B string.

Don't know if the muted 5th string is essential, I'm just playing it like it is tabbed.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/ac_dc/highway_to_hell_ver4_tab.htm

also all different tabbed versions show a muted fifth string.
- -
-3- Pinky
-2- Ring
-0-
- -
-2- index

then when it comes to move to the other shape just remove your ring finger and put your middle finger on the 3rd from low E.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.