I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but seeing Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert in here, I'm comforted to think that it's probably a safe place to post this.

Does anyone else listen to Dave Martone? The guy is an amazing guitarist, and you should definitely check out his music. It's very diverse... from heavy, metal-sounding music to blues to jazzy-sounding music to flamenco. Awesome.

http://www.davemartone.com/
Yeah, I know Martone. He's a good player, but not one of my favorites in any way.

Check out Chris Buono on this site, he's got a track he recorded with Martone up (fumble fingers): http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Chris%20Buono
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Dave can definitely play I saw him do a clinic and he just rocked. Sometimes he's a bit too out there for me but he is definitely worth checking out and if you like a challenge on guitar I think he even has some notation and tab posted on his site.
I saw one of his clinics and bought one of his albums because i liked it so much. Really good stuff, and a great player.
Read my post. Not this.
He was the teacher I had for one of my classes when I went to the Berklee summer guitar sessions. Great player, really good teacher, and a really nice guy. We jammed and talked a bit after class one day.
Yes, Dave Martone is awesome. His cd A Demon's Dream is one of the most progressive cds I've ever heard. He is really good- my friend met him during a summer session at Berklee, he was one of the instructors, and Dave could do a lot of $H!t, like all of the Buckethead finger nubbing and stuff like that. Dave Martone is really good- his style incorporates a ton of progressive influences and styles. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does in the future.
Quote by Resiliance
He's a good player, but not one of my favorites in any way.

This sums up how I feel about him also. Nothing I've heard him do has every impressed my musically.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
"clean" is pretty good. i still like "a demons dream" the most though... and "when the aliens come" is pretty awesome too . i cant listen to him for too long because sometimes its a little much... but just an all-round amazing guitar player. diverse style and impeccable technique. definitely one of the better guitar players out there. what do you guys think: martone or buckethead?

edit: btw i was surprised to find a dave martone interview in a recent issue of guitarplayer (i got it to read santanas interview). glad hes getting more recognition now!
Last edited by Divided_Eye at Nov 8, 2008,
I've listened to a few of his songs. Some good music, at times I didn't care too much for it though. He is a really good player though without a doubt. Can't find a way to get a hold of any of his albums though
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
I've listened to a few of his songs. Some good music, at times I didn't care too much for it though. He is a really good player though without a doubt. Can't find a way to get a hold of any of his albums though

You're not looking hard enough: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url?_encoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-artist=Martone

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
I know about that way of getting the music. I have maybe $1 to my name, I don't think any thing there is sold for $1.

I only ever recommend buying, the artists need all the money they can get.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I only ever recommend buying, the artists need all the money they can get.

I agree, but I don't have the money to buy all the albums I want. Notably when they are being sold at $20 a pop. I can't even afford to buy one CD right now really. So, I'm fine with downloading. And in any circumstance this isn't a thread on downloading so lets not stray away from the topic.