Page 1 of 2
Inspired by the other thread.

U2.
I think they are overrated by the mainstream, but when it comes to musicians, people just don't give them credit at all, particularly on this forum.
On a similar note, people give Bono so much crap for getting so much praise. Sure, maybe he doesn't deserve all of it, but people actually look DOWN on him because they think he does very little. When majority of celebrities his status are doing little to nothing.

Fallout Boy.
They aren't innovative but I find them very catchy, simple as that.

Panic at the disco
I'm actually surprised that they are given so much ****. I suspect that they were only given it primarily because of the label they were on. Sure, their pretentious f ucks (mainly the guitarist), but they are pretty original and sound good to me.

That's it I guess.
Megadeth
Busted
Finntroll

*Note the way I tried to hide Busted between the other two bands*
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Unearth
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
Metallica - Tones of people at my school dislike them
All the music i listen to - My friends hate it
My friend cant stand Jeff Buckley, thats about it. The rest of my music pretty diverse, there is something for everyone.
TRANSFORMICE

Jet, being an Aussie they're a decently size recent band to come from around here, so they're labeled as mainstream, and a lot of people claim their sound is stolen. I think its very bluesy therefore sounds stolen, as there is only so many ways people can seem to play blues.
Phil Collins / Genesis

AND PROUD!
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Quote by Heid
Phil Collins / Genesis

AND PROUD!

Snap!

And bands like Rush, Pink Floyd, and Yes.....

All my mates think I'm some sort of a hippy when I start extoling the virtues of these bands!

Thought of another... Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music
Quote by GLP_Arclite

New Found Glory
My Chemical Romance
Fall Out Boy
Sum 41
Midtown
Sugarcult
etc etc...

Everyone on here pretty much just likes Metallica and John Frusciante.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
WTF?! patd?! MCR?!

i dont exactly like FOB but i dont mind them, catchy stuff.

avenged sevenfold alot of ppl seem to hate.

RHCP as well.
Fender American Strat.
Some Classical Music
MCR
Green Day

I guess i like classical because i learn classical music on the piano
so yeah....
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by yoseth777
Ani Difranco. probably never heard of her, huh? she's got my vote.

Ooh, you've heard of an artist most people haven't. Aren't you a special boy, then ?
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by Heid
Phil Collins / Genesis

AND PROUD!

Phil Collins? Pffft... Peter Gabriel pwns him... but genesis yes - class act! and pink floyd, yes, rush, bowie. No one even know these names round here.

Also like a bit of Muddy Waters, Bob Dylan, Crosby Stills n Nash - same goes for them.

Seal anyone?
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
Quote by The Lunatic
Phil Collins? Pffft... Peter Gabriel pwns him... but genesis yes - class act! and , yes,pink floyd rush, bowie. No one even know these names round here.
Also like a bit of Muddy Waters, Bob Dylan, Crosby Stills n Nash - same goes for them.

Seal anyone?

You serious? I think a hell of a lot of people would have heard of them AT LEAST.
Quote by The Lunatic
Phil Collins? Pffft... Peter Gabriel pwns him... but genesis yes - class act!

Always preferred Collins. Probably because I grew up listening to his solo work. For years I thought Genesis came AFTER Phil Collins...pfft I'm such a n0ob!
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Quote by The Lunatic
Phil Collins? Pffft... Peter Gabriel pwns him... but genesis yes - class act! and pink floyd, yes, rush, bowie. No one even know these names round here.

Seal anyone?

You're talking out of your bumhole.
Paco de Lucia, Al di Meola... not a lot of people here listen to them, but they are amazing. I know it's supposed to be music that lots of people dislike, but I couldn't think of any band i listen to that is generally disliked. (I do listen to some hip hop though when I go work out... don't hate me )
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Who the hell says Bono doesn't do much? He does more than all of the music community as a whole!
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by merfsullivan
Who the hell says Bono doesn't do much? He does more than all of the music community as a whole!

What annoys me about Bono is his whole "people should give more to charity" attitude........

Usually spouted whilst getting out of his limo and onto his private jet......
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
What annoys me about Bono is his whole "people should give more to charity" attitude........

That does tick me off a little, but at least he actually does make the effort, unlike most people at his level of fame.
Quote by metacarpi

That is bad because...?
The truth is, people SHOULD give more to charity, especially people like you, sitting behind a computer, doing absolutely nothing useful for anyone but yourself, sounds alot like the person you ripped off, Maddox. Maddox is funny though.

I hate how people like Maddox has inspired a new generation of people who don't give a crap about ANYTHING but themselves, and people who incessantly whine about things and don't do anything to solve it.

This entire "You're not doing as much as you can, I'm not doing anything, but that's okay because I'm not famous." is just plain stupid.
Quote by Horebane
That is bad because...?
The truth is, people SHOULD give more to charity, especially people like you, sitting behind a computer, doing absolutely nothing useful for anyone but yourself, sounds alot like the person you ripped off, Maddox. Maddox is funny though.

I hate how people like Maddox has inspired a new generation of people who don't give a crap about ANYTHING but themselves, and people who incessantly whine about things and don't do anything to solve it.

This entire "You're not doing as much as you can, I'm not doing anything, but that's okay because I'm not famous." is just plain stupid.

So how much do YOU give to charity, then?
A lot of my friends don't like Christina Aguilera and Eminem, but I think that they're actually pretty darn good. Christina Aguilera has an amazing voice and her songs always lift my mood.
With Eminem I get annoyed when my friends say 'oh yeah, I like Just Loose It cos thats funny but all his other stuff is crap.' I disagree, probably because I actually listen to what he's rapping about and not just assume because it's rap, its crap.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
DEE SNIDER FTW!!!! lol

yeh im pretty sure Dee is part of the "speak ill of me and i shall heatbutt thee to death" club, thats how badass he and his band is. ever seen them live? i've only heard a live recording but it sure was good

a work colleague of mine despises bands like ACDC, led zeppelin, deep purple etc saying that they're 'pussies', but then goes and watches Lionel Ritchie in concert
Quote by Horebane
That is bad because...?

You know that how? I donate money to the BDA (British Diabetic Association) and the RNID (Royal National Institute for Deaf people) out of every paycheck, I help make tea and coffee and serve biscuits at my villages local old peoples club, and help teach the children at my local Jujitsu club for free......

So exactly how am I doing nothing useful for anyone but myself?

But yeah, I did rip that off of Maddox...... because I completely agree
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Epica "/
Quote by someguitarguy88
Dodging? Pansy. We don't dodge where i come from.

As for the pain factor, just get used to the pain. Punch various objects such as walls, trees, floors, your mother, rocks, table etc. Just generally anything hard.
Page 1 of 2