So recently ive been playing my guitar quite a lot, like 3-4 good sessions in a day, but just recently my fingers on my left hand (my fretting hand) have been getting completely shredded. I play electric, and i understand the strings arnt nowhere near as tough as acoustic ones, but mine seem to cut into me when im bending n ****. Makes it pretty hard to practice, since i cant bend properly or use my index finger half as much as id like.

Anyone else get this? Am i pressing too hard?

Ive been playing for about 2 n a half years.
well originally i was thinking n00b, but since you've been playing for a while, just get thicker strings, or don't press as hard, or just take a break until you get better
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I get similar problem, i get no pain when playing like i used to but the skin just continually peels away - havnt found any way to stop it, just gotta brush that skin off the fretboard now and again and play through it lol :p
ive had the same thing a few times. unfortunately it takes like a week for them to get back to normal. i just wear plasters while i play when they get like that. you cant play the same, and ur playing wont be clean at all like that, but u still get to practice.
just play a little bit less
when it starts hurting a lot you know its time to hold back a little bit.
ur fingers will break in a bit at a time
StueyALBB
Deal with it and you will get some nice callouses and wont have to worry about pain or too much lost skin. It takes a good deal longer than 2 years to develop the proper callouses for the job and even when you do get em the skin will still get shredded.

I heard of guitarists dipping the ends of their fingers in supergule to get a nice hard layer over the skin to protect themselves /: probably not somthing id do personally but to each his own.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by Jackface20
I get similar problem, i get no pain when playing like i used to but the skin just continually peels away - havnt found any way to stop it, just gotta brush that skin off the fretboard now and again and play through it lol :p

Yeh, the skin is just falling off my fingers lol. Ive been playin like MoP and Jerryc's rock on A LOT lately, which include some harmonics and wierd bends n stuff, so it's probably that.

Maybe ill practice some chords
Your fingers should already be conditioned to play if you have been playing for 2 and a half years so, sounds to me like your pressing too hard on the strings and perhaps your action is too high. If you don't know how to adjust this properly, take your guitar to a technician, it will make a world of difference!
the hard skin comes off the top of my middle finger when i butcher the solo in november rain, iv been playing for over a year and a half and have fairly ruff bits on the tips of my fingers (ruff enough to scratch my mrs when i stick my fingers in her) when they come off it hurts to bend strings again, i use ernie ball 11 strings, its probably my neighbours putting a curse on my fingers so i cant play and they dont have to listen to me