Hi everyone,

I've seen these Italia guitars on the internet and there's a few local music shops near me that sell them. I'm getting rid of my old guitar, pedals and amp to get one, but now I don't know which one to get! I had a go with them all and they're all great. I'm wanting to play more heavy indie music than anything and I can't think what'd be best.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
They look pretty nifty, I saw two I liked.
There was a strat shaped one (i think) with a wierd pickup selection where you could have 25 combinations.
And there was the speedster, a single mini-humbucker guitar
They look pretty quality.
Quote by joeymaxx
They look pretty nifty, I saw two I liked.
There was a strat shaped one (i think) with a wierd pickup selection where you could have 25 combinations.
And there was the speedster, a single mini-humbucker guitar
They look pretty quality.

Yeah, I saw the one that looks like a jag/mustang. It has a rediculous amount of pick-ups! The ones I'm debating are more of a Les Paul style and a semi-accoustic style.

Still not decided!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

They look really cool, I'm always interested in guitars with a retro vibe. I've not had the chance to play them yet though...let me know if they're much cop after you've tried them out.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
They look really cool, I'm always interested in guitars with a retro vibe. I've not had the chance to play them yet though...let me know if they're much cop after you've tried them out.

I had a go on the les paul-ish style one, forgot the name! It sounded really nice for what I do and responded very well to my style. I really wanted to play to Mondial, but they had none in stock. It has two jacks for semi-accoustic and electric but I'm not sure how it'd work...Would you recommend a semi-accoustic for moderately heavy rock/indie kind of stuff?
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Well semi-hollow guitars, things like Epiphone Sheraton's and Gibson ES-335's, are great for indie and fairly heavy rock. They have a great depth to them and you can easily push them to feedback. I love them. I'd have to try the Mondial before I give you a definitive answer though mate
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
This brand did indeed catch my interest recently, mainly because of their Modena electric sitar. anyone tried out that model, by chance? trying to find a sitar that's not as expensive as the Jerry Jones models....
I was wondering about their quality, they look uber cool in my opinion.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
I really like the look of them. The only problem is that they all have agathis bodies. I'm guessing the build quality on them isn't that great either.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
sorry for reviving an old thread but i thought it saves making a new one. I played one of these the other day the Mondial, and found it to be suprisingly good and im now seriously considering buying one as soon as i get a job lol. Its the one that has the acoustic and electric inputs which is quite a good little feature, I think theyre just really cool retro looking instruments and they seemed to be made pretty (well i didnt notice anything wrong in the half n hour i was playing it- there was no fuzzing or crackling when using the pickup selecting or moving the tone dials or anything like that). Anyway if you like the look of them id suggest seeking them out n having a go maybe you'll be as pleasantly suprised me, i reckon they easily stand up to other guitars in there price range and i think their unique looks could sway a few votes in there favour (shame bout the agathis though). Anyway im just rambling now
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
The Mondial is the nicest looking, don't know about playing yet... Anyone know of stockists?

Here's the specs...

Body Agthis Chamberd Body w / Acousti-Glass Top
Neck Hard Maple
Finger Board Rosewood
Joint Bolt-on
Scale / Fret 634mm(25")scale / 22f
Nut Graphite
Nut Width 42mm(1.6535")
Head Machine Italia Die-cast
Bridge Wooden Bridge w/Piezo pick-up
Stop Bar Italia Trapeze
Pick Up Neck:Wilkinson WVC
Bridge:Wilkinson WVC
Pot 1 Vol +1 Piezo vol +1 Ton + 2 EQ knob
Switch 3 way toggle
Pick Guard 3ply Black or White
Jack 2 input jack for magnet/Piezo
hardware Chrome
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
You might want to check Eastwood Guitars. Don't have a link, just type it in. Much better quality and competitive prices. The same look and feel.
there website....is....so.....slo....o....o...o...ow
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional