Page 1 of 2
I just got done reading a few pages in the strat lovers thread and started wondering...Why do people actually love strats so much? I hear there versatile, easy to play, fashionable and you can customize it to fit your needs. So answer away...
Quote by Radagascar
I just got done reading a few pages in the strat lovers thread and started wondering...Why do people actually love strats so much? I hear there versatile, easy to play, fashionable and you can customize it to fit your needs. So answer away...

Sorry but you seem to have answered your own question, what's the problem?

Have you ever played one yourself? If not go and play one then come back if you still have any questions.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Grants you increased sexual prowess.

Why do people like any guitar? Personal preference, mayhaps?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Nothing.

Les Paul FTW?
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Well I have a Jim Decon SG, in the shop I tried a Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone SG and a Fender Telecaster and out of those. I just loved the feel of the Jim Deacon SG. It feels great, probably not good as the Epiphones but its sound appealed to me.
Nothing ROFLZ assness
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Quote by Radagascar

you ask the question, then give four good answers.

meh, im not a huge strat fan. that said i have a squier one that im happy enough with.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Id have to say everything IS great about a strat

They can do anything and their easy to play from the lowest to highest frets. An ingenious design thats been ripped off by everyone under the sun.
i love my CIJ 62 reissue strat. It sounds great, is really comfy, neck is like butter and it looks epic.

whats not to like?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I personally hate Strats. I mean they're good for clean, I'm just sick of seeing overdriven strats. Screw you Yngwie and Iron Maiden...
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by Silky Smooth
*Lines up laser sight on Tselam*

Don't get me wrong, Yngwie and Iron Maiden are really damn good, but I just hate the overdriven strats.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Strats are awesome, but Teles own them.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
boy are you stupid. it is common knowledge that the position of a genuine fender strat (not copies) give your skill a significant boost. The neck uses an ancient maple often used in witchcraft and other magical applications. In this instant it improves fretting speed and accuracy.

Also you should check out fenders plectrum range to dramatically (and magically) improve playing

But really. Nothing is significant;y great about them. They are iconic guitars used by so many of the greats so everyone wants one. On top of that they are actually very nice guitars, and although I prefer other designs it is a nice looking guitar.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
My Strat is now, with the pickup switching options of Neck/Bridge and Neck/Middle/Bridge, the best and most versatile guitar for cleans ever. It has this characteristic distortion tone that isn't crunchy - more smooth but slightly ripply. They sound awesome with fuzz boxes.

But apart from those things, preference. If you play Les Pauls, you won't get on too well with Strats. I'm a fender man by default, and whenever I play a Les Paul I just can't do it - like my friend's Heritage LP. It's a brilliant guitar, Kalamazoo, USA made and everything, I just can't play on it AT ALL well.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Thats another great thing about using strats with higher gain sounds, they really cut through the mix! It never gets sloppy you hear every note.

With single coil models that is.
Quote by Radagascar

You answered your own question.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Radagascar

you just answered the question yourself.

Not everyone likes strats, but they are missing out if they don't imo.

Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Nothing. They suck. Get a Telecaster.

teles are good too, i like both. also since you're new, i advise against saying things like "strats suck" on this forum, unless you want to be publicly humiliated.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Nothing. They suck. Get a Telecaster.

how exactly do they suck?
Strats are pretty much the most versatile and comfy guitar.

They have orgasmic cleans, superb driven tones, just cant beat em.

There is a reason that hundreds of players use them.

Also, they are easily modified, you can make them achieve pretty much any tone you want with some mods, add humbuckers, add a floyd rose for some whammy wankage, easy to mod electronics (for neck-on/bridge-ons, killswitch etc)
Why like strats:

-Easily customizable
-All the wiring is easy to get at
-Amazing clean tones
-6 in line heastock
-most comfortable neck
-Tremolo!
-nice fret access
-light and comfortable to play while standing or sitting
-I find lower radius neck easier to play
-Looks awesome
-bolt on neck
-alder body
-maple neck

any questions?
Last edited by Zofar at Sep 11, 2007,
You either like Strats or you don't. In my opinion every guitar player who has more than one guitar should have one. Whether or not you want one for your primary guitar is taste and style, but you are missing out on some of the most sought-after sounds of rock and blues if you don't have a Strat.
personally, im not much a fan of strats (they're too thin sounding for me--i like really thich sounding axes)
I'm not a fan of the fender series anything..... don't get me wrong though they are great guitars. Just not for my style of muisc. One of my buddies though has a Strat with 3 mini humbuckers in it. O.o quite a scary sight. It sounds pretty good too, but I rather put my cash into something more along my style.
Quote by TSelman
Screw you Yngwie

Blasphemy to the highest degree!

What ever floats your boat, but IMO Yngwie has an epic tone.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Because they sound good.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
What makes apples better than pears? There's no answer. It's all a matter of preference. If you don't like it then that's fine but leave it at that.
Their playability, thin necks, versatility...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Zofar
Why like strats:

-Easily customizable
-All the wiring is easy to get at
-Amazing clean tones
-6 in line heastock
-most comfortable neck
-Tremolo!
-nice fret access
-light and comfortable to play while standing or sitting
-I find lower radius neck easier to play
-Looks awesome
-bolt on neck
-alder body
-maple neck

any questions?

good taste. and those means they're better than a telecaster. Looks awesome goes to both. i don't care bout tremolo. does anybody find telecasters comfortable to play with? like... ur picking arm's forearm? cuz i certainly do not. it digs into my forearm and hurts like a bitch.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ill describe the tele and the strat

strat:
great mellow clean
easily change the pups
a trem that can be great if set up properly
the v and u necks (only on some models)
amazing upper fret access
the styling is beautiful
easily replaced hardware
the scale is great (much more comfortable than gibson's 24 3/4 imo)
best of all can be cheaply bought

tele:
small neck
wonderful sustain
rich twangyness
awesome cleans, and very nicke distortion
solid, and built like a tank
classy styling
easier uppr fret access than les paul
also can be found for cheap
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
ill describe the tele and the strat

strat:
great mellow clean
easily change the pups
a trem that can be great if set up properly <<< u can block it too.
the v and u necks (only on some models) <<< theres more. soft v, D, modern C, etc.
amazing upper fret access
the styling is beautiful
easily replaced hardware
the scale is great (much more comfortable than gibson's 24 3/4 imo) <<< same with teles.
best of all can be cheaply bought

tele:
small neck <<< strats have smaller necks. first teles had U shaped necks.
wonderful sustain
rich twangyness
awesome cleans, and very nicke distortion
solid, and built like a tank <<< so ur saying strats aren't?
classy styling
easier uppr fret access than les paul
also can be found for cheap

questioned/fixed.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by cHIZZX-00
personally, im not much a fan of strats (they're too thin sounding for me--i like really thich sounding axes)

You must not realize the extent of the Stratocaster's use in Rock and Roll.

Jimi Hendrix, John Frusiante, SRV, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, George Harrison, Billy Corgan, Rivers Cuomo, The Edge, David Gilmour, Albert Hammond, Mick Jones, Mark Knopfler, the list goes on and on.

All Strat players. All unique. Not a thin tone from any of them.

Oh yeah, "thich" is not a word, at least not one that is commonly used in the English language if it is a word at all.
^George Harrison, The Edge, and Mark Knopfler aren't exclusive strat players though. George used more Teles, LPs, and SGs. The Edge uses Telecasters doesn't he? and i have seen Mark Knopfler use more LPs than anything.

EDIT: i totally forgot that Mark Knopfler has a Fender Signature series lol. my bad. but i've seen him use LPs in videos.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Last edited by ECistheBest at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by ECistheBest
^George Harrison, The Edge, and Mark Knopfler aren't exclusive strat players though. George used more Teles, LPs, and SGs. The Edge uses Telecasters doesn't he? and i have seen Mark Knopfler use more LPs than anything.

EDIT: i totally forgot that Mark Knopfler has a Fender Signature series lol. my bad. but i've seen him use LPs in videos.

Thing with George Harrison is he went through phases of playing certain guitars/brands exclusively. With the beatles he mainly played various Gretsch guitars, but most of his solo career he seemed to use strats.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Page 1 of 2