Hey all,

Is there anything I should be aware of when I look for a new pick guard for my squire strat? It's an 11 hole pick guard and only about a year old... there are some nice ones on ebay that I'd like to look at but I'm not sure if there are special 11 hole ones or not.
-Red 1990 Fender Strat with maple neck
-Cream colored Strat. GFS Premium II pickups.
-Line6 spider 210 and Fender Pinceton Chorus amps
-Zoom G2
it should fit fine. be warned that most times when you switch a pickguard that the holes won't ALL line up anyways, you will most likely have to drill some new ones so it fits right.
buy a blank pickguard and make your own. Then you KNOW all the holes align and you won't have to worry about plugging/drilling new ones. Even though the holes are covered up you will still know they're there lol. I recommend a site like www.warmoth.com for materials, or stop by your local guitar shop and see if they have one.
Quote by ErosThanatos
buy a blank pickguard and make your own. Then you KNOW all the holes align and you won't have to worry about plugging/drilling new ones. Even though the holes are covered up you will still know they're there lol. I recommend a site like www.warmoth.com for materials, or stop by your local guitar shop and see if they have one.

LOL, I didn't even think of that ha! That's much easier than trying to fill in the old holes. I'll snoop around for some prices at warmoth and around here as well.

Good info you guys.
-Red 1990 Fender Strat with maple neck
-Cream colored Strat. GFS Premium II pickups.
-Line6 spider 210 and Fender Pinceton Chorus amps
-Zoom G2