ok what beginner songs should i learn on bass? i can play alot of orion by metallica at the moment lol.
ive played guitar for 2 years. and have a 1970's ibanez roadster bass.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
well you could watch some cool slap pop videous rhcp thought have really good ones, try aeroplane
鋼の錬金術師
Just play whatever songs you want. If you try learning a song just for the sake of it, or just because someone told you to learn it, you're probably not going to enjoy it all that much.
If you just play stuff that YOU like though, you'll have a much more enjoyable time, which in turn will help you learn faster.

And god damn, everyone always says RHCP. Am I the only person in the world who thinks Flea is a muppet?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540804&page=1&pp=20

That thread has a really good list of songs to learn. But if you're into Metallica, I would suggest learning to play "My Friend Of Misery," it was my first song learned on bass (I didn't have prior guitar experience, haha, just orchestra) and it gets you comfortable with playing across multiple strings and higher up on the neck of the bass, as well as learn to play Master Of Puppets (which shouldn't be too hard, since I would assume you learned it at one point in time on the guitar, and the rhythm and bass aren't to different in that song).
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Quote by bokuho
Just play whatever songs you want. If you try learning a song just for the sake of it, or just because someone told you to learn it, you're probably not going to enjoy it all that much.
If you just play stuff that YOU like though, you'll have a much more enjoyable time, which in turn will help you learn faster.

And god damn, everyone always says RHCP. Am I the only person in the world who thinks Flea is a muppet?

I personally think that the RCHP are overrated.
Yes, they are still my favorite band. But they are VERY overrated.
And no one can deny that fact.

And to answer the forum topic starter..
I would learn something that you like listening to..
People should learn songs to their style of music..
Last edited by brentonkim at Sep 11, 2007,