I own a classic 30, and whenever the amp starts to shake (mainly low chords like E) it makes a nasty popping noise. Does anyone know if its the tubes or something worse? Also, it only starts up after about 10 minutes after playing.
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Big Muff USA Reissue

My myspace. Yeah. I know it sucks.
Sounds like it only happens after your tubes warm-up... I'm not a valve expert. How long have those tubes been in the amp?
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
It could be a loose tube filament or a tube loose in a socket. Something (like a jack) could be warming up and getting loose. Just to rule it out I would clean the jacks and pots, and check the wires going to and from the speaker. If you are diming the volume it could be a speaker issue. Might be ready to blow.
it could be the speaker, that is typical of a blown speaker, could also be that the tubes are gone, but that's usually accompanied by a loss of volume
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
My Pro Jr started making snapping noises then later blew the fuse. One of the EL84's were shorting, so I replaced them both.