nah, I'm too lazy to work
I've been doing jack all summer

I start in 2 weeks supposedly
if you are truly not ready, then wait.

if you wait a year it will be like 1000x harder to go back, though. also, the sooner you start the sooner you will be done. i am done with school and grad school, and the years AFTER college are way more fun than the years before college.
I wish I had waited. I just started college, first year, right after highschool. I had a pretty good job at a lumberyard making decent money, my one absolute best friend is younger than me and still goes to highschool. I'm paying for college myself and now I'm broke, I'm atleast two hours away from my best friend, I can't find a good steady job because I can't let it interfere with my schoolwork.... I really wish I had taken a year to stay with my friends and save up a lot more money. I don't know if it affects your standing for scholarships and financial aid, but I could have had like $25,000 in the bank now after bills and tuition instead of.... none, if I had waited a year and saved up.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by PatrickBateman
if you are truly not ready, then wait.

if you wait a year it will be like 1000x harder to go back, though. also, the sooner you start the sooner you will be done. i am done with school and grad school, and the years AFTER college are way more fun than the years before college.

That's true. I might just go in December or January, or whenever the next time I can start is.

BTW, American Psycho is amazing.
Quote by The Primer
Eh, I'm not ready to deal with all that ****. I'd rather just make some money and start next year. At the same time, I have a feeling I'll regret it. Anyone else choose to wait a while?

Nope, i chose to go to another semester of classes this year instead of finding work in the electrical field.

Im learning TV production now and hope to get a good job doing editing for a large company.
Quote by moody07747
Nope, i chose to go to another semester of classes this year instead of finding work in the electrical field.

Im learning TV production now and hope to get a good job doing editing for a large company.

I see your in Monmouth County. I'm pretty close to there. That's cool. I was going to go to Brookdale.
I cant wait to start my second year tomorrow.
I've been off college since late June ( i finished that year then) with nothing to do, living miles from my mates, no band, no money and just work and sitting on my ass all day waiting for something to do but nothing happens. Even though i get treated like crap at college it's gotta be better than being stuck at home all day.
Money comes and goes

Get an education while you still are in 'school mode'
Quote by The Primer
That's true. I might just go in December or January, or whenever the next time I can start is.

BTW, American Psycho is amazing.

that is probably your best bet...

it might suck being broke and being away from your high school friends....but those are two of the most important things you learn in college how to "survive with no money" and still get your sh*t done- hahaha, and how to make new friends.

plus, when you go to college everybody is broke and away from their high school friends and nobody is prepared, so you immediately have something in common with everybody.

btw...one of my fav movies
Quote by The Primer
Eh, I'm not ready to deal with all that ****. I'd rather just make some money and start next year. At the same time, I have a feeling I'll regret it. Anyone else choose to wait a while?

You from the UK?

College (or at least where I am) is 100x better than school. Uncomparable imho.

I'm taking a year out next year before I consider uni. They love to ram it and ****ing UCAS at you all the time.

Edit - this means I will be "2 school years" behind alot of newcomers but I'll be a mature-er student and be able to get lulz at bints having their first 3 alchopops and doing nudes, and stuff.

Wait that wasn't very mature.
Last edited by Jackolas at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by PatrickBateman
that is probably your best bet...

it might suck being broke and being away from your high school friends....but those are two of the most important things you learn in college how to "survive with no money" and still get your sh*t done- hahaha, and how to make new friends.

plus, when you go to college everybody is broke and away from their high school friends and nobody is prepared, so you immediately have something in common with everybody.

btw...one of my fav movies

College in the UK is TOTALLY different to college in America.

As far as I know College in America = Uni in the UK.

Not literally but yes, moving away from home etc etc.
You should just start. My buddy did the same thing you wanna do and is now a manager at Circuit City but guaranteed he's not going to school now (even though he still says he is) because he's making almost 18 bucks an hour. It's definite that he's a "lifer" and that sucks because 18/hr is about the best he'll get there without being supreme store manager and that'll take him probably 20 years. College is wicked fun though dude, trust me. And you don't have to be a lush and a partier to enjoy it, seriously it's so much better than high school...just more paperwork to get in and more homework.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Taking a year off after high school was the best decision I ever made in my life. Go out and get a real 9-5 and youll definetly want to go back to school. But save your money so you can have the optimum experience once you go to a university. Hell, you might even find a job you like and that pays well, and at that point, who needs college?
formerly: lil key key and before that green_jello
Quote by The Primer
I see your in Monmouth County. I'm pretty close to there. That's cool. I was going to go to Brookdale.

Kool, its a good school and me being able to stay home instead of move out really saves me lots of money.

*runs to class*
Quote by The Primer

Welcome to three weeks ago.
Don't wait on college.

Several things to think about.
1.) You are older. If you are the same year then you have something else in common and that is a great lubricant for the social network.

2.) You have been coddled. You grew up, you may have had a job, you may have had some money, but you were a minor. Hence you were not expected to. Even if you had to because of familial situations society did not expect you to. Once you are 18, it does. This is a good time to learn about being on your own and being poor.

3.) College is the only place in the world WHERE being poor is not a problem for anyone. You'll find cheap food, cheap alchohol, and cheap dates. The girls don't mind you are poor, your friends don't mind. If ANY place in your life you should ever be poor, college is it.

4.) College is a lot of fun. Women, parties, everything aside, you get to learn a few interesting things.

5.) By starting sooner than later you don't have to answer grief questions from counselors or future employers about why you needed to wait.

6.) The sooner you get college done with the sooner you can get a job making even more money than the one you are missing now, AND it sucks less.

7.) Foreign exchange programs -- the sooner you get in one the more you can join hence the more time you can spend partying in another country, learning the language and shagging the girls on someone else's dime.

8.) Sometimes its hard to go back to school after you've been off. College is incomparable to high school, but 1 - 2 years of back memories about High school will sour your college work ethic. Let's face it, you should ****ing finish college.

9.) You never know when you might decide to go to higher education. But if you spend too much time working before or after your undergrad, that may be in jeapordy.

PS> live your first few years on campus (if you aren't overseas.) It is much better than off.
"Is that the fucking bible?"

"That's Holy Fucking Bible to you"

I'm in the same situation - can't decide whether to go or wait until 2009. 2009 sounds really far away, I'm kinda keen to just go, and I don't want to wait till then, and then regret not going next...

hmm thanks Imp, good advice.
Last edited by Adumb at Sep 14, 2007,
Quote by Jackolas
You from the UK?

College (or at least where I am) is 100x better than school. Uncomparable imho.

I'm taking a year out next year before I consider uni. They love to ram it and ****ing UCAS at you all the time.

Edit - this means I will be "2 school years" behind alot of newcomers but I'll be a mature-er student and be able to get lulz at bints having their first 3 alchopops and doing nudes, and stuff.

Wait that wasn't very mature.

Gap year = good.
I waited a year and felt my life drain from me. It's horrible, I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you're doing something super awesome like buy invisibility kits off Ebay or hunt for Manbearpig.
Quote by SealCubMassacre
I waited a year and felt my life drain from me. It's horrible, I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you're doing something super awesome like buy invisibility kits off Ebay or hunt for Manbearpig.

Genius!