So I'm planning to upgrade my amp (currently it's Laney TF300 120w Solid state combo). I'm leaning towards an Orange Tiny Terror and a cheap Behringer 4x12 cab for now. But I live in a Townhouse and I don't want to upset my neighbour so I have to use a headphone for all my playing. But I don't see a headphone jack on the tiny terror!! The local music shop doesn't stock it so I can't inspect them in person. Should headphone jacks be on the head or the cab?...not sure

I'm really, really sorry if this sounds really noobish. Anyways thanks
Tube heads normally dont have headphone jack, the only exception i can think of is one of the Peavey 5 watters.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Nope.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
They're 15 watts, and they can be attenuated to about 5, so they aren't that loud.

Although I can't remember if they have a gain control...

gain allows you to dial in overdrive without going loud. If it's just volume, then you're ****'t.
Just dont play loudly.
If you're going for a valve amp you aren't going to get one without it being too loud to crank. Except for prehaps that Zvex.
If you aren't prepared for that just buy somehting like a roalnd micro cube instead or along with the orange.
Get a smaller cab, get a 2x12. A 4x12 isn't gonna help if you want to keep it at near 0 volumes.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Well the amp I have now IMO is better than any solid state amps I've played, it has tube modelling too but right now I just want to experience what a real tube amp sounds like (while I have the money for it). I know there are tube combo amps out there like some VOXs and Orange too I think and there's definitely a headphone jack lol...but I dunno something about combo amps that make them look weak.... Probably just me. I suppose I could try to move my rig somewhere further from the walls.

This kinda sucks I already had a couple of tube heads that I'm interested in...
I have a tiny terror. They can stay pretty quiet, just don't expect to be able to get sexy tube break up at low volumes, unless you get a good pedal, then it will at least sound like it. And btw, they have gain control.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by indra13
Well the amp I have now IMO is better than any solid state amps I've played, it has tube modelling too but right now I just want to experience what a real tube amp sounds like (while I have the money for it). I know there are tube combo amps out there like some VOXs and Orange too I think and there's definitely a headphone jack lol...but I dunno something about combo amps that make them look weak.... Probably just me. I suppose I could try to move my rig somewhere further from the walls.

This kinda sucks I already had a couple of tube heads that I'm interested in...

Find me an all tube production combo with a headphone jack and I'll paypal you 10 bucks. (other than the Peavey mentioned before).

the Vox your looking at is not all tube, and the only Orange amps that would have a headphone jack is the Crush series, which is solid state.
Quote by igotabcrich32
Find me an all tube production combo with a headphone jack and I'll paypal you 10 bucks. (other than the Peavey mentioned before).

the Vox your looking at is not all tube, and the only Orange amps that would have a headphone jack is the Crush series, which is solid state.

http://www.wildwestguitars.com/badcathome.htm

Look up the mini cat.

Weber also makes a headphone tap for 50 watters, which work well, and I've seen ones for up to 150 watts, but I forgot who makes them.

Also, I could name lots of tube amps with headphone jacks, but they arent made for guitar, lol.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
What i meant by production was something TS was looking for, in his price range, head, and assuming he wants something that he's heard of, i doubt he's going to go out and buy a Bad Cat now that he knows it has a headphone jack.

but, seeing as i didn't explain myself good, your absolutely right.
Quote by igotabcrich32
What i meant by production was something TS was looking for, in his price range, head, and assuming he wants something that he's heard of, i doubt he's going to go out and buy a Bad Cat now that he knows it has a headphone jack.

but, seeing as i didn't explain myself good, your absolutely right.

When you said production, I thought you meant, non boutique, or mass produced though, and I only suggested the minicat just because it was the only other tube amp I knew of with a headphone jack.

Headphone taps will do just fine, in my experience.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I looked at the prices of the Bad Cat amps on a locally based website, and they cost heaps!! AU$1900 for a 5 watter!!
Quote by R_H_C_P
Get a smaller cab, get a 2x12. A 4x12 isn't gonna help if you want to keep it at near 0 volumes.

word. or even smaller than that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Orange got a 1x12" cab, will this be good for low volume for bedroom playing while loud enough for playing during the day?
Ok so can you, instead of getting a tube head, combine a tube preamp and a power amp together and then hook it up to a cab? Sorry like I said I'm still new with these things I don't even know what preamps and power amps does...Thanks, sorry for the double post
My questions are :

Why do you need a head and cab?

Why not get a small tube combo, like the VJ combo, a VC15, etc..?
Because a head and combo, I assume, will add more to my tone palette. In other words more tone to choose from.

Some combos are good though like a Peavey Royal 8 and Valveking 212, valve juniors...

I dunno I need a bit more convincing from you guys
You don't need a head and cab. In the case of the VJ, a separate 112 cab will probably sound a little better because of bigger speaker size, and you can get a better quality cab if you shop around. The Peavey Valveking Royal 8 is a 5 watt tube combo, but it only has an 8" speaker, which still may be ok for you in an apartment, plus a headphone jack. $200 USD. You wouldn't want to gig with it though, mainly due to speaker size and the fact that it doesn't have an extension speaker out, although it shouldn't be hard to add one.
It's really hard to find a tube amp with an extension speaker and a headphone jack...
I play my Tiny Terror at home late at night and it's not a problem. It still sounds good at extremely low volumes.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Well the thing is all my equipments and such are in my bedroom, I live in a townhouse unit, and my neighbours' bedroom is right next to mine and its only separated by ONE layer of bricks...
maybe wait for the new peavey windsor studio? it has an attenuator built-in. though none of us has tried it, but the head version (warning: the combo may sound different) is pretty nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yep.

as i said, no-one has tried it yet as it hasn't yet been released (it may suck in other words). but it'd definitely be worth a try- on paper, it looks pretty sweet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They have the head version at my local shop, I'll have a crack at it soon just to see what it's capable of. But yeah Im sure the combo will be different. Thanks dude
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by si!
Another option for you is the fender princeton amp. all tube combo with a built in attenuator, it kicks ass.

Mmmmm! I'd love that amp, great recording amp I'd say!
Quite pricey though, don't you think?

And agreed on the Windsor Studio, try it out if you can, see how it is!
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
yeah £1000 is a lot for a MIM amp. it's probably cheaper in the US, though. but in the UK you're well into boutique territory at that price. i haven't tried it, though, so i guess it may kick ass.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i think the b-52 tube heads have a headphone jack.
what!
what!!
what!!!
what!!!!
what!!!!!
what!!!!!!