i was wondering, and i can't seem to find the answer anywhere. can you switch the 6l6's in the power section for some other kind of power tube?
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn Limited Edition Acoustic
~MARSHALL 1987X REISSUE~
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss Super Overdrive
Original Crybaby
Boss Blues Driver
I think you can do that with any amp, just that it's harder on some than others. It needs rebiasing and perhaps some modification. Often people replace EL34's for 6L6's and the other way round.
I think its fixed bias, so don't know if you can rebias. The most popular tube upgrade seems to be JJ 6L6's. Hang around for advice changing to other types. I am not a tube expert.
It's easier to go from an EL34 to a 6L6 (usually just a rebias needed), but to go from a 6L6 to an EL34 is harder, there's some wiring that needs to be done in addition to a rebais. Not only that, EL34 heater filaments draw more current than 6L6s, so you might end up blowing your power transformer in short order, unless you know the exact specs it was designed to.

My advice would be to pick up a new matched pair of JJ Tesla 6L6s. You can get them from www.tubedepot.com, www.tubesandmore.com, and a few other places.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by uldhppi
I think its fixed bias, so don't know if you can rebias. The most popular tube upgrade seems to be JJ 6L6's. Hang around for advice changing to other types. I am not a tube expert.

"Fixed bias" is usally something of a misnomer in that it's USUALLY adjustable. I'm rebuilding a Fender right now that is "fixed fixed" in that it can't be adjusted, but usually it can. I don't know about this amp though.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
thx
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn Limited Edition Acoustic
~MARSHALL 1987X REISSUE~
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss Super Overdrive
Original Crybaby
Boss Blues Driver