two question's, is a foot pedal worth getting, does it have lots of good drum beats that u can play along two and more importantly, this may sound a bit stupid but does it act as an amp or do you have to plug it into ur amp, i am clueless.

secondly i have a starter pack and like the guitar but was wondering if i was to upgrade to a better amp would the sound be good quality and clear with full gain/distortion on, my guitar pack is a fender squier with 15g amp
ive got the same pack ....ive got the squier bullet, with the MG15CD marshall amp.....well, if u bought that pack, then you are a beginner....so dont change the amp nor the guitar.....your still a rookie .....believe me...i was like you
Gear :

Hofner HS-506
Squier Bullet Strat.......(Sucks ??....maybe.. But i like it )
Marshall MG15CD
Amp is the main component of your sound.

As for your foot pedal question, well, that depends, but generally, no, most pedals don't come with drum loops.
you will need 2 plug your pedal into an amp. depends on what kind of pedal as to wheather or not it has drum loops. yes, an amp will make a big difference in sound
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
erm a footpedal goes into the amp >.>
You dont need a new amp, unless your getting a lota feedback.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by german_46
ive got the same pack ....ive got the squier bullet, with the MG15CD marshall amp.....well, if u bought that pack, then you are a beginner....so dont change the amp nor the guitar.....your still a rookie .....believe me...i was like you

Wow, I hate to double post, but everything this guy said is wrong.
1. Your pack is NOT his pac, believe it or not you have better gear than him
2. Your gear doesn't define your skill level. That's bull.
3. Even if you are a "rookie", that doesn't mean you can't get better gear. Good tone, in my experience, makes you want to play more -> more practice -> makes you better.
If you want an effects unit with drum loops, check out the adrenalinn 2 pedal. they're pretty expensive, but they have some crazy sounds.
the are also amp modellers, so you can just plug it directly into any hi-fi, or pa system.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by Danno13
Wow, I hate to double post, but everything this guy said is wrong.
1. Your pack is NOT his pac, believe it or not you have better gear than him
2. Your gear doesn't define your skill level. That's bull.
3. Even if you are a "rookie", that doesn't mean you can't get better gear. Good tone, in my experience, makes you want to play more -> more practice -> makes you better.

Exactly, I'v seen people with really good gear that are not that good.
Yes, please upgrade your amp, but don't go for wattage, go for a 15-30 watt tube amp, this will all you need, because you can get mic'd up.
Your guitar will sound tons better through a good amp, then if you replace your guitar for a better one and play it through your amp.
stop telling him to upgrade. he's just started and will not notice the difference in tone nor appreciate it. will be a complete waste of money at this point in time, yes better tone is good no matter what level you are at but if he's only playing to himself and won't know the difference what's the point.

if you want a pedal with drum loops check out Zoom pedals. pretty cheap and they have a some loops. not sure how many, look up the specs.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
can u take ur electric guitar into a guitar shop and test it out on various amps to check out the quality, is this common practice in guitar shops?
with a foot pedal u can make all different ranges/types of sound's which u cannot get with an amp, is this true?
thanks for the help
yeah guitar shops will be more than happy to let you try out your own guitar on amps, makes you seem more serious for one.

by the way a foot switch is simply a switch that changes channels. what you're looking for are multi effects pedal.

multi effects pedals give you tons of effects not available from an amp such as flanger, chorus, wah etc. they aren't very good quality effects but for a beginner it's really great to help familiarize yourself then you know what single effects to invest in.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
yeah thats what i want multi effects pedal and u can choose to get a pedal with it where u can distort the sound if you know what i mean. little
so really i wanna get a multi effects pedal with a new amp to plug it into because if i plugged it into my old one it would still produce lots of interference or as someone suggested that u can get a pedal which plugs into ur hi-fi, i take it this option would produce a clear sound.
Quote by rijker
two question's, is a foot pedal worth getting, does it have lots of good drum beats that u can play along two and more importantly, this may sound a bit stupid but does it act as an amp or do you have to plug it into ur amp, i am clueless.

secondly i have a starter pack and like the guitar but was wondering if i was to upgrade to a better amp would the sound be good quality and clear with full gain/distortion on, my guitar pack is a fender squier with 15g amp

ok there's a lot of bad advice in this thread. (mixed in with some good stuff) so im going to go ahead and answer this.

if u want drum beats, buy a cd or go to Guitarbt.com and download a few songs to put on a cd.
then play along to those.

in addition. you can go here.
http://www.jamcenter.com/jammachinea.html

even gives u the correct key and the scale, the notes u would use if u wanted to solo for those loops.

ad for upgrading.

it's fine as long as u arent wasting ur money.
make sure ur guitar is set up correctly, and spend ur "pedal" money on a quality amp that helps u to play the type of music u like.

if u want more gain (ditortion) then look into cube amps. they come with effects and better tone and reliability than u have there.

that will keep u playing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It... May sound weird, but I actually use a Zoom B1X ( Bass Pedal ) For my Guitars as well... It's came with 40 differant drum effect selections , and you can increase the tempo all the way up to 240 BPM. 40 factory made patches, and 40 spots left open for you to customize your own sounds, I absolutely love it, I've spent hours on end just coming up with a certain sound that i've wanted. I'd imagine that a Zoom pedal made for the guitar would have about the same specs, just differant pre-set patches... I think mine ran about 100.00 U.S.