I just checked the Epiphone website and they now list most of their Les Pauls as just Mahogany(not mahogany/alder like before). Does this mean that they are REALLY going to use full mahogany now?
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
Let's find some 2007s and cut them open!

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
well its sacreligous tbh if they are, it aint a les paul, cos it aint in his design

the fools
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
seriously?? i really want them to make the Epi LP Standard Plus in full mahogany. I would get it in a flash if it was.

*fingers crossed*
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by zapatista89
well its sacreligous tbh if they are, it aint a les paul, cos it aint in his design

the fools

i think so too. They're mostly made in china now, and they use lower grade mahogany. From what I've heard,if you get some decent pickups, the tone really projects itself.

Proud Ex-Epi Lp owner speaking. Had an LP classic plus with a 60's neck and 585/81. Mind you, they're neck heavy , and generally , just heavy!
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
If they did make a full mahongany one it'll be a step in the right direction at long last, all you would need to do is a simple upgrade with pups, maybe tuners and you'd have a pretty schexy and great guitar.
If you have a choice don't just settle for mahogany, try to get solid, one-piece or two-piece mahogany. If its just a multi mahogany sandwich it may not sound that much different. Kudos to Epi for eliminating the Alder/Mahogany sandwich.