ok so i just picked up bass after 2 years of guitar.. should i use pick of fingers?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Use both depending on the song, what type of tone you need, the speed you want to play it. All in all, use both methods using your own judgement as to when you need to change. Have fun, use a pick, slap and fingerpick.
signature
Yeah it's down to personal choice really, although I still think that best all round tone has got to be through fingers, as it sounds the most 'bassy'.
Pick of fingers, fingers of pick, whatever the song calls for.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
It all depends on the tone you want. Its always good to have a few picks around though, so don't completely neglect them.
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
Whatever you feel like. I own picks, but I generally use my fingers. I'm much faster using them than I am a pick ¬_¬
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by thefitz
Pick of fingers, fingers of pick, whatever the song calls for.

How about picky fingers, fitz?

Seriously, its what you prefer and what sound the genre you play calls for. I can use both but prefer picks only when I have to play surf music ala Dick Dale. I have more control when using fingers, but that's probably because I don't practice as much with a pick..