I was thinking of swapping the speaker in my MG100Dfx for a vintage 30. £40 upgrade

opinions?
Where the hell are you getting a new Vintage 30 for £40??

Anyway, I don't think it is worth it. Save up for a better amp and you'll appreciate it more.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Calum_Barrow

The Chinese rip-offs are cheap for a reason...

Swapping a speaker in an MG is basically a waste of money. It won't change the tone as much as you would think. Look into getting a new amp before you throw away your money to upgrade a bad amp.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Quote by Calum_Barrow

Anyway, I don't think it is worth it. Save up for a better amp and you'll appreciate it more.

You can get a vintage 30 for like 45-50 quid in shops :S
Oh, well mine cost me £90 each, and that was the cheapest I could find. Maybe mine aren't the cheapie ones then.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

i only use the clean channel on the mg, its not too bad with a pedal before it.

I'm thinking its worth the upgrade while i save for a decent head, then i can use the mg cab for that while i save for a decent cab..!

now is it SD Mustaine's or some barenuckles
Playing Bareknuckles through an MG is blasphemous. You could buy an amp that'll sound better and that will affect your tone more than new pickups with the money you'd spend on BKs .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by philipisabeast
http://www.watfordvalves.com/product_detail.asp?id=527

£35 there...

Apparently they've switched to chinese production lines now so that may be the price difference but chee 90 a pair seems alot

No, not £90 a pair, £90 each.

Oh yeah well that's what i meant
Well you possibly got the UK made ones and those ones are chinese built perhaps, but otherwise i find it quizzical that you spent £110 more than what you would have paid now =/