helooooo

in a few months my band are playing Halo by Machine head at a talent show thing at school, and we need another song to play to fill up a 15 minute slot. However, my school is stupid n obviously the majority of them will automatically turn off as soon as Halo really kicks in, so i need ideas for another song to play beforehand thats not as heavy so help ease people into it. Someone said to me something by Fightstar, but I don't really wna play that.

So if anyone can give me any ideas of any good hardcore/metal/metalcore etc. songs to play live that are a bit less heavy than Machine Head (as amazing as they are) i would be grateful

x
erm, maybe try 'blood work' by '36 crazyfists'

dunno y, just that song seems to stand out as a good opener for the MH song ur doing
There is more than one thing i have to say...
Did you just kiss me?

Maybe Enter Sandman? Or some A7X?
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Thought bout A7x but our band has only 4 ppl in it (2 guitarists, bassist, drummer) so it wouldn't work cs they have a seperate singer

Also i have only one guitar so if its in drop B for Halo, i need a capo n if its in standard playin wif a capo 4 frets up cn be tricky
Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Carbon Monoxide poisonous gas alarm FTW

Great song!

Shut.
The.
Up.
Thought bout A7x but our band has only 4 ppl in it (2 guitarists, bassist, drummer) so it wouldn't work cs they have a seperate singer
You can still have your singer singing if he's playing something else despite the line up on the song
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Quote by Jmz123

Also i have only one guitar so if its in drop B for Halo, i need a capo n if its in standard playin wif a capo 4 frets up cn be tricky

try singing and playing, your gona do it for machine head, why not do it for a7x
There is more than one thing i have to say...
There was a time, when The Ramones, in the begining of their career, could play 20 songs in 15 minutes.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
To fill up a 15 minute slot, there's a good chance you'll need 3 songs, not 2. Also, what genius worked out that you can't play and sing at the same time in a song where they have a singer and a guitarist?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by browar
There was a time, when The Ramones, in the begining of their career, could play 20 songs in 15 minutes.

I saw Billy Bragg and he tried to play his entire debut album in that time. He failed, partly because a string broke playing at a higher tempo than normal, and partly because he ran out of time. But he still got through about 5 songs.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Retro Rocker
Johnny B Goode

+1

Or maybe One by metallica if you want metal.
You could do a cover of Avril's girlfriend, sing and play all of it normal, but when it comes to the breakdown, make it really heavy and dissonant and ****, I'd tab it, but just come up with something, use high diminished octaves, and scream the vocals. The crowd response was incredible, a mosh pit broke out and some kid got slugged in the face, it was a fine day for me, plus, I got to scream "In a second you'll be wrapped around my finger, because I can, cause I can do it better, there's no other, so when's it gonna sink in, she's so stupid, what the hell were you thinkin'?" Which made my night.
You say you have 15 minutes to fill, I'd do "Master of Puppets by Metallica and if you were thinking A7X, go with "Seize The Day"

Good luck to you!
do guns and roses... even chavs like sweet child of mine
a walking talking advertisement for population control
Quote by break-me-in
To fill up a 15 minute slot, there's a good chance you'll need 3 songs, not 2. Also, what genius worked out that you can't play and sing at the same time in a song where they have a singer and a guitarist?
the song halo is like 9 and change...so just one more song could fill it if it's 4-6 minutes long

try some Killswitch Engage...if you could cover their version of holy diver that would be awesome

or maybe in flames- come clarity
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Pray for plagues - Bring me the horizon (drop B)

Sharks in your mouth - i killed the prom queen (drop B)

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Paranoid - Black Sabbath

Easy, and most people will know it. Or Run to the Hills.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by p.stick
Pray for plagues - Bring me the horizon (drop B)

Sharks in your mouth - i killed the prom queen (drop B)

i love both those songs lol bt no that would not be very popular
Quote by break-me-in

corse u cn sing and play, bt its very difficult if ur singing a difrent rhythm n playin sum other dodgy rhythm on guitar, n cs A7X has 2 separate guitarists they can play what they want, but if im singing along with it then itll be far 2 hard.

if you don't understand what i mean then try this

play triplets on ur guitar n try singin in this rhythm: quaver semi-quaver semi-quaver quaver semi-quaver semi-quaver etc.

now... u cnt do it cn u?
Quote by Jmz123
corse u cn sing and play, bt its very difficult if ur singing a difrent rhythm n playin sum other dodgy rhythm on guitar, n cs A7X has 2 separate guitarists they can play what they want, but if im singing along with it then itll be far 2 hard.

if you don't understand what i mean then try this

play triplets on ur guitar n try singin in this rhythm: quaver semi-quaver semi-quaver quaver semi-quaver semi-quaver etc.

now... u cnt do it cn u?

I could lie and say that I can, you wouldn't know the difference. I hadn't listened to the A7X song so I didn't know how hard it was to sing and play at the same time, but by the way you phrased it was as though you thought you needed the same lineup. But if you can't sing it and play at the same time then yeah I get that.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT