I seem to be unable to fall asleep unti 2-3 am and that ****ing sucks...Yesterday I tried going to bed early and fell asleep after about 4 hrs. What should I do?
I won't have time to write this before the lame replies start flooding in...

Seriously though, avoid using the pc/tv for at least an hour and a half before bed.

Try reading. Make yourself comfortable. Try NOT to worry about not sleeping.

Remove all ticking clocks and clocks visable out of the room or out of earshot and sight.

Listen to some chilled music. Try relaxation techniques.

I will think of more later. I hope this helps you at least a little.
read, seriously, even if you like reading, unless something really suspenseful happens in the book, it helps to slow your breathing and pulse, making you more at rest, after which you become tired making you want to sleep.

even if you read for an hour, youll fall asleep in half an hour, and that is better than 4 hours of staying awake
Sleeping pills??
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
get yourself a nice big wooden baseballbat, and wack it onto your head... you will defenately sleep, but I can't tell you for how long^^

Lw
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
When I was like 12/13 I always had trouble sleeping, and, I'm not joking, I did about 30 minutes of yoga before I went to bed and it really helped me. Also, don't watch TV or anything for about an hour before you go to bed, and try reading.
Read a book. When you don't remember what happened two pages ago, turn off the light. 1 minute and you are sleeping. I can assure you that.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

As much as I don't want to sound like a typical UGer: have a wank. Have a tissue to hand and then lie down and go to sleep

Your body releases some dodgy chemicals into your brain after you ejaculate that promotes sleep, if I remember correctly.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
five sleeping pills and a bottle of vodka.........but seriously just relax and listen to pink floyd or something close your eyes and try to think about something relaxing until you ............................................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Actually, sleeping pills and vodka may kill you.
Mixing medicines with alcohol = no
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

try not to eat atleast 2 hours before you plan to go to bed unless you are one of those people who get lazy and sleepy after you eat.
A load of good ideas have been said already but one thing that helps me is to make a playlist of relaxing music on an mp3, then have it playing on headphones quietly when going to sleep. Works most of the time.
I have the same problem too, I sometimes try to fix it by staying up all night and then crashing out at 8 pm or so the next night. But it doesn't always help. Yesterday as I was browsing the forums here I found out about Idoser. Idoser is this new audio brainwave something or other. Basically its popular cause supposedly they have these audio tracks that alter the brainwaves to the same state as when you're high. But, when I was researching it I found out that they have one for sleep. So I downloaded it via bittorrent and I'm gonna try it tonight.
Quote by AvengedThrice
Sleeping pills??

Don't give stupid ideas .Take poison
Hi
Some white noise helps me sleep, I turn on a large fan ( the ones that oscillate)
Don't eat anything before going to bed
read a book, let your brain wind down and relax

above all...

Masturbate; works as a great stress reliever
hue
Last edited by sock_demon at Sep 11, 2007,
+ 1 for teh masturbation.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
What the hell is it with people saying to turn to pills?

Blimey.

Really, avoid them unless you NEED them. I am sure you can get better sleep just by following what people in the thread have said (not the silly posts, I mean the serious ones).
work out
go for a long 4 mile run

get up early
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
Thanks a lot guys

I'm putting putting some pink floyd in my ipod

Sleeping pills would do the job but I'm afraid it might turn into a habit

I wasn't in the mood but I jerked off anyway just because Yakult said so

Aight, goodnight UG!
This one never fails for me... Watch an old TV show like MASH or something that's half entertaining but not enough that will keep you awake because you're afraid you're going to miss something so that when you start to nod off you won't give a ****.

Also try to have a fan on or something that's blowing air in your face, it'll cause you eyes to water while you're watching TV and make them tired...bada bing bada boom.
Last edited by chevsscamaro67 at Sep 11, 2007,
I cant listen to music to relax before bed cause then I get too interested and cant sleep, the t.v. always winds me down so I can stop thinkin about anything else...thats what works for me.

wankin one out always helps too.
cheers betch
Quote by Dabey
Thanks a lot guys

I'm putting putting some pink floyd in my ipod

Sleeping pills would do the job but I'm afraid it might turn into a habit

I wasn't in the mood but I jerked off anyway just because Yakult said so

Aight, goodnight UG!

Wait!
Try also putting this in the PC
It's a Classical music radio station
http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=2429&file=filename.pls
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Make sure you exercise enough during the day to make you tired. It keeps you fit, and you get to sleep
I heard warm milk with honey in it would help... I really don't know if this works but at least it sounds like it tastes good. ^^"

I also have little sleeping problems, but only at full moon I think... I don't know if it really influences me, but even if I don't know that there is full moon i need longer to fall asleep. (in this cases I mentioned the full moon the next morning)
And yeah, I have to get up at 5 o'clock every day... this also may help. ^^

Have a good night!