Ok, so I'm buying a new guitar.
And I was thinking of buying a Epiphone Custom Silverburst. Mostly because I like the look and it sounda good. But to give it a more metal sound I'm also saving up for new pick upps.

Also buying a very cheap 100 watt laney amplifier.

I mostly play Tool, The Haunted and some Kyuss... and other things in those directions.

So my question is, is this guitar any good if I buy new pick ups for it?

EDIT!: HERE IS THE AMP!
Last edited by Rancor-Droid at Sep 12, 2007,
It should be fine. Don't go into the purchase of a guitar thinking that you want to change the pickups .

Quote by FunkRocker321
It's a good guitar. Hate them or love them Epiphone makes quality instruments.

Ummm I think the reason people hate them is because they don't think that Epiphone makes quality instruments...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by FacingUsAll
It should be fine. Don't go into the purchase of a guitar thinking that you want to change the pickups .

Well I'm mostly canging them to be able to play ever heavier music.

And if I change them (not sure I will) It will be in a few months after buying the guitar.

Ok anoher question.
I'm buying a new amplifier too. Right now it stands between a Pevey Bandit 112 for about 320 dollars (I think :S 2995 swedish kr).
And a 100 watt laney (much bigger) for about 5200 dollars (5 995 swedish kr).

what do you think. Sorry but I have no specs on the laney amp.
Last edited by Rancor-Droid at Sep 11, 2007,
I think $550 for that Epi is kind of a rip-off.

For almost $200 cheaper, you could get a Les Paul Style guitar with real active EMGs (and arguably better quality control).

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Well, amp = more important than everything in your rig x12.
So if you're buying a cheap amp, don't expect it to sound godly. It's nice to have a good guitar, but I wouldnt waste it on some cheap crappy 100 watter. Why dont you go for something like a Vox AD50VT XL or Roland Cube?

As for the Epi, I havent played it. I wont comment, but you should totally try it out for yourself. As far as I know the Customs are to a good standard.
Oh. You're in Sweden.

That complicates things .

You really shouldn't buy a guitar solely on the finish.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by beckyjc
Well, amp = more important than everything in your rig x12.
So if you're buying a cheap amp, don't expect it to sound godly. It's nice to have a good guitar, but I wouldnt waste it on some cheap crappy 100 watter. Why dont you go for something like a Vox AD50VT XL or Roland Cube?

Havn't seen those in my local store.
How much do they sell for?
And as said before... if they are cheap in USA they are probably really expencive here in sweden.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Oh. You're in Sweden.

That complicates things .

You really shouldn't buy a guitar solely on the finish.

I know... just kiddin... tho I like that finish alot
Last edited by Rancor-Droid at Sep 11, 2007,
I'd personally spend more on the amp and less on the guitar, but that's just me. Also, I know this is a no-brainer, but I assume you have a cab to go with the head?

Tube Laneys are awesome, however I doubt the solid state ones live up to their reputation.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com