im gonna get my guitar soon.
wat is the order of wat to learn if u want to play soloes and cool riifs?
FightFor Honor, Fight For Your Life, Praying To God That Our Side Is Right.
-M.I.A.

Seize The Day or Die Regretting the Time you Lost is Empty and Cold Without You Here.
-Seize The Day
Learn to play songs that you like.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by 0jhawk0

UG has a few video lessons right here-> http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/ and loads and loads of fantastic written lessons by many excellent guitarists... also look on youtube and search for "justin sandercoe" or "rockongoodpeople" they do excellent video lessons.
start learning chords from songs that you like.. go for the 'chords' tabs for songs when you search for tabs in ultimate-guitar.. chords are the building blocks..
Gear:
Epi LP JR
Laney LG12
Quote by 0jhawk0

1) Learn the notes of the fretboard, this should be your number one port of call; I cannot emphasise this enough.

2) Learn the major scale in as many keys as you can, if you've learned the notes of the fretboard then learn it as a series of notes rather than shapes.

3) Learn the theory of chord construction including the terminology involved in intervals.

Along the way you should start learning songs you like to develop your chops but don't worry about technique too much at first; once you learn music then technique becomes much easier to use.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ I agree with alot of the post above me, but I'd put more emphasis on trying to learn songs. It's great for your esteem and you'll feel like you're progressing if you're regularly learning more songs.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay