Page 1 of 3
I didn't see any threads like this one, and I think there should be one, so list away people!

Oh, and feel free to explain why they're awesome so everyone else can investigate.
Last edited by rockergurl09 at Sep 11, 2007,
underoath. definitely. and all that remains. and throwdown.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Biomechanical are the most criminally underrated band ever.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by tallaxegrinder
underoath. definitely. and all that remains. and throwdown.

Can't really think of any..
Quote by dsaanm
The Autumn Offering
Hell Within
Darkest Hour

+1 to darkest hour, even if everyones gonna be all "dUdE tHaTzzZ mEtAlL cOrEZZ!!1!"
Quote by connorusry13
+1 to darkest hour, even if everyones gonna be all "dUdE tHaTzzZ mEtAlL cOrEZZ!!1!"

But METALcore is still a type of METAL
Heres a hint,

if you want your thread to survive, don't start arguments on what goes in the metal forum and what is metalcore/metal etc etc.

And underrated bands?

Scanner.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Quote by dsaanm
But METALcore is still a type of METAL

not while im alive it isnt

rotting christ is the most under rated band ever.
Quote by dsaanm
Why not?

Because metalcore replaces all the intensity, power and integrity of metal with whiny, 13-year old, rebel-against-your-parents "anguish"
Quote by AngelofWarpath
Pestilence.

Holy ****, I'm surprised someone mentioned them, Easily one of my top 15 bands.
Autopsy
And the majority of all modern doom and heavy metal bands.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Sep 11, 2007,
Nailbomb

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
TRIVIUM!!! lol jk. but idk a ton of bands go unaprciated by the general crowd.
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
Quote by slayer1516
Because metalcore replaces all the intensity, power and integrity of metal with whiny, 13-year old, rebel-against-your-parents "anguish"

If you don't like when people generalize metal, don't do it to other genres.
- Thyrane
- Dark Fortress
- Catamenia
- Sear Bliss
- Moonsorrow
- Mithotyn (not so much under-rated, but they don't get enough recognition for the obvious influences they had on alot of folk metal bands that came afterwards)
- Psycroptic
- Kalmah
- Naglfar

That's my 2 cents anyway. People, CHECK OUT THOSE BANDS! (besides a couple which are very well known, I put them on there because I don't think they have as much fanbase as they should)
Lykathea Aflame, Demigod, Intestine Baalism, Autumn Leaves, Cartilage, Gory Blister, Demilich, Blut Aus Nord, Goratory, etc.

There's huge amounts.

Goratory's drummer is fucking amazing, btw.
Mnemic. Seriously, it's Meshuggah done right.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
^ I might check them out since you think they sound like Meshuggah. But I don't think that Meshuggah has ever been done wrong though.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
AUTOPSY

Federally criminally underrated band.

+1

Neglected Fields
Gorgasm
Malevolent Creation
Illdisposed

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Quote by AngelofWarpath
Pestilence.

If UG had Karma, I'd give you some.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
^ Testimony of the Ancients and Consuming Impulse are such great albums. Spheres...well...Mind Reflections and Multiple Beings are awesome but most of the other songon that are tolerable at best. They should've gotten the recognition they deserved for the experimentation though.

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Quote by Makkis
^ I might check them out since you think they sound like Meshuggah. But I don't think that Meshuggah has ever been done wrong though.

They just overplay themselves. They tend to play 1 riff for half of the song, and all the other riffs are usually just variations of the first riff.

And listen to Mnemic's first album, Mechanical Spin Phenomena. The second album is closer to metalcore territory, although it's a good album too.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Goratory are no better...

Although they have a really funny song intro, where they go like "click click click! suck my dick..." and then just blast off.
Goratory is awesome, the hell are you talking about?

Mnemic is just one giant breakdown with terrible vocals.

And one of the worst bands I have ever had the misfortune to see live.
Quote by lol internet
Goratory is awesome, the hell are you talking about?

Mnemic is just one giant breakdown with terrible vocals.

And one of the worst bands I have ever had the misfortune to see live.

I'm talking about recycled boring riffs, which are so generic that even obscure 80's thrash bands point and laugh.
Quote by lol internet
It's pretty self-explanatory... you know... metal bands that are... well... underrated?

you mean...metal bands that some people dont accept the mas metal...?
Page 1 of 3