Of the Gibson Faded Flying V or Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany Electric Guitar what one would be best? Both are about the same price. I am new to guitar and just want a nice guitar that I can grow with as I learn. Is one that much better as far as parts and quality go? Thanks Jared
They are both pretty much the same, although learning guitar on a Flying V is not something I'd recommend.

There are better guitars in the price range, for sure.

What amp are you going to get? It's more important than the guitar.

What music do you want to play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have the cube 60.. I like all kinds of music. But mostly hard stuff. Tool would be my #1 band.
I got it in my head that I want a Gibson. Any Gibson's in that price point that would be a better choice?
Quote by antnalx
I got it in my head that I want a Gibson.

Take an electric drill and make a hole in your skull, then. After you're done with that, we can talk.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Im gonna say the LP. I havent played that model, but the faded flying V i played was squier like at best. no joke.
Ok i will keep a open mind. In that price of $600 to $800 what guitar do you think would be best?