ok, so i decided to go with the marshall vintage modern, but now im wondering how many watts to get. they sell both 50w and 100w heads and im not sure whats would be better. i know that a 50w cranked would sound better than a 100w at half volume but here comes the problem. in my band our bassest has a 300w or 400w bass amp (i cant remember which) and our other guitarist has a 100w combo amp. i play lead guitar, so would the 50w be loud enough that i will still be heard or should i go with the 100w one?
Do your bandmates play with valve or solid state amps?

And, it shouldn't really matter - most venues will mic up your amp anyway, so you can adjust the volume levels with the PA system. A 50 watt valve amp should be plenty for gigging.
Well the 50w.

They sound like ASS on low volumes.

But I would recommend a used JCM800 instead, way better!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
But I would recommend a used JCM800 instead, way better!

Knew it was coming

But take what Gabel said into consideration. Heeeeeeeeee knoooooowwwwsss thiiiiiiiinnnngsssss!
Well, as long as you balance things out when they go through the PA at the venue, you'll be heard. If you're playing unmic'd then obviously they'd have to turn their gear down a little, but I don't think it would be too much (don't hold me to this - I don't gig).
well just because they have 100 and 300 watt amps does not mean that they are turning them to 10. 50 watts is enough unless you are playing in sold out arena or something. but like they said, id go with the jcm800 instead
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
well just because they have 100 and 300 watt amps does not mean that they are turning them to 10. 50 watts is enough unless you are playing in sold out arena or something. but like they said, id go with the jcm800 instead

ya i tried the jcm 800 and the 2000 and i liked the vintage modern better. i messed with it for like a min. and i got slash live at the ritz tones so that was the selling point right there lol
^ fair does to you then
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Fair enough. If it's the amp you like best, then chances are it's the best amp for you, so you should get it. Personally, I've wanted to spend a little bit of time with a Vintage Modern playing around with it - I'd like to explore it's tonal capabilities better and see whether or not it's as good/bad as some people say.
Quote by Denthúl
Fair enough. If it's the amp you like best, then chances are it's the best amp for you, so you should get it. Personally, I've wanted to spend a little bit of time with a Vintage Modern playing around with it - I'd like to explore it's tonal capabilities better and see whether or not it's as good/bad as some people say.

ya i think most people dont give it the time it deserves