Okay first I'd like to say i've not done this I'm asking out of curiosity.
As you raise or lower your pick-up (by tightening/loosening the screws) what happens if you loosen them completely and the pick-up is no longer attatched?
How would you get it back on?
with a pickguard?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you just screw it back in providing you didnt lose the wiring

ive done it to my bass changing it out [only guitar i had with unscrwing pick ups] so i dont know if your results will be the same

why would you want to raise/lower it?
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
you raise and lower different sides of the pickup to emphasize certain strings.

and u cant just rescrew it in most cases the spring pops out and makes the pup flop around under the gaurd or the mounting ring. you need to remove those.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

With a guitar like a strat or les paul with a pickguard, the above is true, you have to remove the pickguard, put the spring back in place, start the screw and put it all back together. I've started using surgical tubing in place of the springs, it works just as well and is a lot easier to install. And it doesn't fly off halfway to Montana if you let it go when compressed...

For a hollow body guitar like a ES 335 it a lot more difficult, then you get to experiment with tweezers, hemostats, bent wires, strings, pencils, and anything else you can think of that will reach into the cavity and fish the pickup and parts back out. The best you can hope for is you only loosen one screw too far and don't lose the entire pickup inside the guitar body...I had to fish a guitar jack out of a 335 not long ago when the nut fell off, it was interesting to say the least and I used words your mother probably wouldn't like much...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
oh god, well hollow body guitars are just the worst. luckily ive got girl wrists, and favor F-hole styling.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Just like anything else you take apart to far. You spend the time to take it apart, fish out the missing pieces, and put it back together. And learn from the mistake.