Lately I've been craving a humbucker in the bridge of my strat, but I love the chime and sparkle of a bridge single coil. From what i've read and what i've tried, coi taps sound like butt in comparison to the single coil. I went to my local music store, and during a coversation with one of the guys there, I brought up my problem. He said he got two Fender fat 50's single coils, one of them is the reverse wound middle position pickup, and wired them together and put in a push pull pot so he got true humbucker and true single coil tones, and he can have it done on my strat

So i am looking for a bridge or neck single coil with matching middle single coil that is reverse wound/polarity. I may consider trading a fender vintage noiseless bridge pickup + possibly some cash as well, thanks
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
i have a '05 Made in Mexico Stock Stratocaster single coil set. its cuz i switched it out with a nother set. in two weeks (if u want to wait for that long), i'll have my Fender Hot Noiseless pickups switched out too. do u want either of those?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
the hot noiseless won't work since they are both individually hum cancelling and wired together would produce hum. How much for the standards?
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon
the hot noiseless won't work since they are both individually hum cancelling and wired together would produce hum.

From where did you develop that idea?
Hi, I'm Peter
^$20+shipping. if u want, u can have the other one for free.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
would you take a COD, and do you know about how much shipping would be to VA Beach

And to Dirk, the guitar tech who knows everything told me, and it makes sense
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
No, it doesn't really make sense at all.

I would just avoid noiseless pickups because they don't really have that single coil sparkle.
Hi, I'm Peter
well, here's the technical aspect

If you were to wire both pickups together in humbucker fashion, you would have to disengage the dummy coila that makes each individual pickup hum cancelling, and since the middle pickup in a noiseless set are not reverse wound it would cause hum wen wired with another pickup.

And i agree on the tone loss on the noiseless, i wish i had gotten the custom '69 pickups when they were still relatively cheap
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Dirk Gently
I would just avoid noiseless pickups because they don't really have that single coil sparkle.

i would too. thats why im trying to get rid of it. so shhhh
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
how do the standard single coils sound? I don't care if they are lower output, i just hope they're not lifeless
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon
well, here's the technical aspect

If you were to wire both pickups together in humbucker fashion, you would have to disengage the dummy coila that makes each individual pickup hum cancelling, and since the middle pickup in a noiseless set are not reverse wound it would cause hum wen wired with another pickup.

And i agree on the tone loss on the noiseless, i wish i had gotten the custom '69 pickups when they were still relatively cheap

Under those set of circumstances I agree, but...

Ah, fuck it. Nevermind
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Johnonon
how do the standard single coils sound? I don't care if they are lower output, i just hope they're not lifeless

they're okay. not too bad.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
whether either of us is right or wrong, let's agree that noiseless pickups are not a good choice for aftermarket pickups
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
do they sound muddy? Cause the main reason i want a humbucker is that i want a fatter sound for higher gain
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
it's not crystal clear. they need the right amp setting to sound good. but it should be decent for a bridge pickup. they might need proper shielding for the hum.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard