I got a Crate Fxt 65 watt. I run a floor pod plus through it. When i turn the amp up to jam with my friends the sound gets so much treble, even when the high on the amp is down. It just sounds like a big blob of sound. Its crap.

I was looking into a PA system just becuase I heard you get the greatest tone out of the pod if you are directly into one. Like this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-PMH518MKustom-KPC10-PA-Package?sku=630245

But will that instantly sound like poo as soon as i plug another person into it?

If you have a suggestion please tell, lol try to keep it under 250. I just want my tone back.
how many guys are jamming with? what volume are u playing at? what type of music do u play?

how loud can u play the amp without effects?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i play with another guitarist bassists and a drummer in a basement. The volume is at about half. I mostly play metal and rock.
its always good to own a PA system. they come in handy. but honestly, i wouldnt use a starter pa system as my main amp.

i would trade in the crate get back about half of what i payed for it, and put it towards a high gain amp, like a randall. used if i had to.

i think u need more than 65W. and that's turning ur solid state to mush at those volumes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thank you what number of watt-age do you think i should get?

the guy at guitar center also mentioned keyboard amps? Do you think they could take the gain?
again. i think you're going to want to stick with an amp made for the style of music and instrument you play.

ive used PA systems and keyboard amps for vocals and acoustic guitars.
obviously mic'd amps for tone run thru a PA system as well.

it's not that you cant do these things. i just think you need to start ur rig in the right step. and that's finding a good guitar amp made for heavy rock/metal.

how much money do u think u can gather up?
we can try to find u an amp that you dont have to max out to hear at practice.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i dont see why i need something with high gain on the pre amp, shouldnt i be looking for something ery clean to run my pod through?
You can boost your signal going into an amp to much. I know when I tried to use a friends marshall tube amp, my EMGs running through a multi effects pedal, made it howl and not in a good way. Try turning the volume down on the pedal or try it without it. Its best to try different things before getting rid of an amp. I know my pedal has a overall volume and a mix volume. The overall volume has to be set every time I plug the thing in. Its a good place to start and probably cheaper than a new amp.
Quote by woodsballplayer
i dont see why i need something with high gain on the pre amp, shouldnt i be looking for something ery clean to run my pod through?

Because it'll sound a bit cack. Granted the pod is a great little gizmo for practicing and recordin, but live the tones just don't cut it for me.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by woodsballplayer

im trying to tell you to buy an amp that you dont need add a pod to like.

and tackle^ i think if it was a better toned amp, he didnt feel he needed to use a multi effects for, he'd be able to get away with it. but with a full band and stock speaker, most 65W SSs are going to be pushing their limit in high gain situations.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62