what is the least expensive amplifier that could succesfully be played in a gig
Fortunes heights singer and guitarists
look into the EVH amps
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
look into the EVH amps

those aren't cheap!

try a SS Crate, or a Marshall MG.. although I highly advise against both of these.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
those aren't cheap!

try a SS Crate, or a Marshall MG.. although I highly advise against both of these.

i know

theres a $400 crate halfstack on musiciansfriend to answer your question. have fun.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
well if the venue has p.a. a $40 amp would do the job. but it would sound horrible. a 50-100w ss amp or a 30w+ tube amp is what you need so just get looking. if you give us a budget and style we can suggest some things
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Look at a Peavy Envoy 110

Cheap, 65w sounds good.

It's the model down from mine.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by Doodleface

Your advice is to ignore your advice ....

Great ...

To TS, check out valve amps of around 30 to 50 watts; the Marshall DSL401, Ashdown FA40, Peavey ValveKing, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. They should last you longer than a solid state half-stack, which you really shouldn't gig with, for everyone's ears' sake.
Quote by blue_strat
Your advice is to ignore your advice ....

Great ...

To TS, check out valve amps of around 30 to 50 watts; the Marshall DSL401, Ashdown FA40, Peavey ValveKing, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. They should last you longer than a solid state half-stack, which you really shouldn't gig with, for everyone's ears' sake.

budget $400 style heavy rock
Fortunes heights singer and guitarists
probably a valveking...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A used Peavey Classic 30 would do the job.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
peavey classic 30, peavey valveking, fender hot rod deluxe look used like slats said
a 30 watter vox valve amp, not a tube, but its damn loud, it was playing it in my room, at pretty much max, my parents could hear it driving in the drive way,
valves are tubes. do you mean valvetronix?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea the valvetronix i dont think there fully tube amps, could be wrong tho
You're right, they aren't. I think they've got a valve in the power amp section, though some people say preamp, and the Vox website confuses me ...

Whatever the case, they aren't fully valve. But Valve > Valvetronix > Fully SS (eg Marshall MG, Line 6 Spider.)

Though Line 6 are bringing out a at some point. Could be a step up.
i would suggest a peavey. probably the valveking. but if you can try and save up more money
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs