I wanted to focus mainly on a contemporary white and black usage thsi year in my art class, and i was looking for other things i could do and came acrost this site.

http://www.designmeltdown.com/

The only problem is, its for computer design.

does anyone know any sites similar to this one, but for actual design such as interior and art?
No, but I have a suggestion for a part of your coursework. If your teachers accept contemporary/abstract design, that is.

Basically, you get a canvas, and paint it entirely black. You then, at different stages of dryness of the paint, apply masking tape over it, in stripes, so the entire canvas is now filled with vertical striped of masking tapes. It has to be completely neat, with no gaps, otherwise the effect is pointless.

You then rip off the masking tape with varying degrees of force. It makes for a very interesting piece. I actually have it hanging on my wall.
that sounds really cool.

i could try something like that for my sketchbook cover.

thats my main issue right now is figuring out what to do with my sketchbook cover.
Quote by Smoothrider_41
that sounds really cool.

i could try something like that for my sketchbook cover.

thats my main issue right now is figuring out what to do with my sketchbook cover.

Paint it white, then make your own stencil. Spray paint it black over the white. Try to be original, rather than rip off someone elses stencil. And dont take up the whole page. Use the empty space to make the stencil more pronounced.

I love using the contrast between black and white.
Quote by umop-3p!sdn

I love using the contrast between black and white.

As do I.

The issue is, we have to use this calcium crap on it =/

and i gotta put my name on it.

Art sucks with rules.
Quote by Smoothrider_41
As do I.

The issue is, we have to use this calcium crap on it =/

and i gotta put my name on it.

Art sucks with rules.

Calcium crap? Care to elabourate? And putting your name on it is no problem. Put it in the corner, really, really small.

How big is the sketchbook? A4? A3?
its only a lil bigger than my notebooks width and height wise.

Calcium carbonate i think its called?

Its wierd stuff, makes a rough texture.

The cover was supposed to be a portayal of ourselves.
Just saw a really cool picture. Not supposed to be art, per se, but it nonetheless looks cool...

Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Calcium crap? Care to elabourate? And putting your name on it is no problem. Put it in the corner, really, really small.

How big is the sketchbook? A4? A3?

Artistic freedom means there isn't any rules to begin with.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by Ehh
Artistic freedom means there isn't any rules to begin with.

He is still in school. There is no such thing as "artistic freedom". You have to do what the teachers say.

I almost failed art because I did exactly the opposite, and did contemporary/abstract/expressionist, as opposed to the bland "masters"-esque stuff the wanted me to do. Got a C instead of an A*.

+!p3: Its not art, it is supposed to show a "blogsphere", illustrating a kind of map of blogs...
Do something like that for your cover .

Say it represents the darkness inside your twisted soul that resulted from using some ****ty calcium-lumpy-stuff.