I'am pretty sure it's a guitar pedal but do you think it will still sound good through a bass?
Does it even sound good through a guitar? Danos I've played have processed the **** out of my tone.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
it'll work on bass, but danelectros aren't that great....... they are like..... what.... 20 bucks?
if your on a low budget its probably ok though
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
It will sound better when you throw it into the garbage can.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Quote by FenderKid87
It will sound better when you throw it into the garbage can.

Yeah, if it's a metal can, you might get some reverb/echo action.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
For the love of Pete, spend your 20 - 30 USD on a new set of strings. It will improve your sound more than a danelectro pedal ever will.
There is a reason everyone who wants a delay pedal buys a Boss DD-3.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
There is a reason everyone who wants a delay pedal buys a Boss DD-3.

Digitech DigiDelay is the best kept secret. It has all the features of the DD6 and is around the price of a DD3. Hell, I got mine for $60!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Digitech DigiDelay is the best kept secret. It has all the features of the DD6 and is around the price of a DD3. Hell, I got mine for $60!

And I suppose it meets your "Guitar pedal on bass" standards? If so, I'm buying one
Quote by Charlatan_001
And I suppose it meets your "Guitar pedal on bass" standards? If so, I'm buying one

Holy crap, Fitz said something good about a piece gear, it must be the holy grail. I'm so getting that.
Quote by watchingmefall
Holy crap, Fitz said something good about a piece gear, it must be the holy grail. I'm so getting that.

Totally totally totally. My only complaint about the pedal is that the stomp switch has a lot of give, making tap-tempo and loop construction quite difficult to get right at first. But Digitech X-Series non-distortion effects do not effect your tone at all. I also recommend the Turbo Flange. I have it and it also has a great auto-wah sounding feature (but it's NOT an envelope filter).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz

Always been wary of Digitech, but you seem to think highly of them. Must check that out.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Always been wary of Digitech, but you seem to think highly of them. Must check that out.

In my opinion, I still don't know why Boss exists. Every pedal Digitech makes (granted some of them are 'ripoffs') that Boss makes as well is simply better. They're cheaper, much stronger, and sound better. However, Boss does have that 'cool' factor, kinda like Gibson basses do to some players.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
In my opinion, I still don't know why Boss exists. Every pedal Digitech makes (granted some of them are 'ripoffs') that Boss makes as well is simply better. They're cheaper, much stronger, and sound better. However, Boss does have that 'cool' factor, kinda like Gibson basses do to some players.

To each their own. I've heard some reliability issues with some Digitech gear, but then I guess I have of every company. I am definately warming to the company after trying a few of the X-Series pedals and not having the tone of the bass sucked dry... something non-bass specific Boss pedals struggle with.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 12, 2007,
This lack of tone sucking comes from the whole trully-digital thing. To the pedal, it does it's affects to whatever it's sent. It does what it needs to do and sends the 1's and 0's out the other side. The flanger, for example. The sweepy flange is totally relative to the pitch it's sent. There's a setting on the Turbo Flange site called 'step', and it basically is a pitch mod that changes to pitch to other notes in key. This effect is just as pronounced on bass as it is on guitar. Sure, it's practical value is rather limited in either case, but the point is it works just as well. When using more traditional flange sounds with huge sweeps on a bass, the lower sweeps can give huge, HUGE sub tones. You don't hear the pedal 'roll off' when the flanging sound swishes downwards. It goes down just as strongly, to the point it might do so a bit too well.

Too good to be true? Well, there are some things that aren't perfect. Like I mentioned, the footswitch has a lot of give. It'll never ever break, but on some effects (well, just Delay), the reaction time isn't quite instant, so you need to get used to that. Sure, a hard stomp works perfectly, but that's still a change.

The battery life is a joke. 4 hours tops. You'll have to replace batteries each gig or get a power adaptor like, well, everyone should. Also, these pedals are a but succeptable to noisy power outlets. If your power outlet is a bit dirty, you might detect a very high pitched static-noise, very similar to a television that's on but is displaying no picture.

EDIT: I've yet to have or even hear of reliability issues. If it's about their multifx pedals, I really don't care. Their stompboxes are perfectly built and are the most robust ones I've played, Fulltone included.
Quote by Cody_Grey102