introduce your favorite genre to a person completely oblivious to it ?

for me id introduce metal with Run to the hills by Iron Maiden

for blues though Id probably show Ry Cooder's rendition of ''Willie Brown''
if i introduce slipknot to people, i play them vermillion Pt2.

and then Vermillion pt.1
and then duality and just go into the iowa album. However, if i am introducing someone to metalcore, i show them killswitch engage songs where the singing is epic and the screaming builds everything up. It just depends on how heavy the person is willing to go IMO.
I would introduce metal with Master of Puppets. I actually did introduce one of my friends with metal (he listened to Hendrix before that) with Shadows Fall. He LOVES them now.
Quote by Slinov
if i introduce slipknot to people, i play them vermillion Pt2.

and then Vermillion pt.1
and then duality and just go into the iowa album. However, if i am introducing someone to metalcore, i show them killswitch engage songs where the singing is epic and the screaming builds everything up. It just depends on how heavy the person is willing to go IMO.

i definitely wouldn't introduce anyone to Slipknot.
I've seen one million toilets...

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
I would introduce people to metal, by taking Black Sabbath, showing them some of their lesser known, but still great songs, then moving up in time to the '80s (Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer), then into nu-metal, and today's version of metal.
Well, I got my friend into Metallica through "Whiskey in the Jar" and then she started listening to some other metal bands
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by †death_boy†

yeh, i see what you mean, i'm starting to get more into bands like Killswitch and All that remains now. A mix of beautiful singing and screaming seems to be more my thing.
Quote by Rising
introduce your favorite genre to a person completely oblivious to it ?

for me id introduce metal with Run to the hills by Iron Maiden

for blues though Id probably show Ry Cooder's rendition of ''Willie Brown''

That's the first song I heard, then I was obsessed with maiden, then I went on to other metal bands, so yeah that's a good choice. Try the trooper too (hate that song myself, but a lot of people seemed to love it) You could try a lot of different bands for each sub genre, like powermetal with Blind Guardian, thrash with megadeth or metallica etc.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
It depends on the person. I'd have to take it on a person by person basis, depending on what they listen to already, and I'd try to give them something that is fairly similar to what they already listen to.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I'd introduce someone to jazz by playing them standards like Blue Bossa, Take Five and then some things like Michel Camilo, Paquito De Riviera(yes I love latin jazz), and then maybe some fusion like Di Meola or Mclaughlin.
Quote by SamTotman
That's the first song I heard, then I was obsessed with maiden, then I went on to other metal bands, so yeah that's a good choice. Try the trooper too (hate that song myself, but a lot of people seemed to love it) You could try a lot of different bands for each sub genre, like powermetal with Blind Guardian, thrash with megadeth or metallica etc.

How can you be obsessed with Iron Maiden and hate The Trooper? There is something wrong with you.
Slipnknot is the way to go if you want to turn them into a retarded 3 chord lets downtune the sucker 62465 steps and sing of death, and how god is dumb metal head...

yucky
Quote by Gregray88
How can you be obsessed with Iron Maiden and hate The Trooper? There is something wrong with you.

I'm tired of listening to "the classics" the trooper more so than any other song. Somewhere in time, now that's an awesome album I can keep listening to and never get tired of it. Then brave new world onwards.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by Rising
what tune ?

probally texax flood tightrope, or pride and joy
I play bass!
I'd introduce someone to classical by playing them film music, basically any hans zimmer, and let the films get to ones they don't know before switching to something like brahms and seeing if they noticed

For metal, the kind I like anyway, I'd go through softer more recent nightwish songs, save the opera for when they're more adjusted...
Quote by SamTotman

i dunno about you guys, but most of the time, im usually introducing my music to pretty girls in my business classes

so i tend to lean toward the more melodic side

and show them Killing is my business! if they REALLY turn out to be awesome
Quote by backupbass1
probally texas flood tightrope, or pride and joy

thats what i thought

Id show them ''Couldnt stand the weather'' first though, thats what got me hooked in the first place
I only listen to Brand New, so I don't have much of a choice

...probably The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows by Brand New, It's A Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door by Underoath or Life Less Frightening by Rise Against depending on my mood.
Pantera. They were metal, and stuck by it. That's the band that got me into metal.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Glam metal with "Live Wire" by Motley Crue.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by Rising
thats what i thought

Id show them ''Couldnt stand the weather'' first though, thats what got me hooked in the first place

ooh, good taste!

And lenny. Those two songs had me hooked...
Intros to my favorite bands:

Iron Maiden: Hallowed Be Thy Name
Ozzy Osbourne: S.A.T.O.
Queen: The Millionaire Waltz
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Blues - SRV - Say What? or Couldn't Stand the Weather

Grunge - Mudhoney or Nirvana - Touch Me I'm Sick and Lithium, respectively

Avant-Garde (Experimental) - Primus or Buckethead - Jerry Was A Racecar Driver and Nottingham Lace, resp.

Noisecore ( ) - Extreme Noise Terror - ****, who would WANT to get interested in this? I don't know anyone else who likes it.
I tried introducing a couple mates to Noise music with Ejaculation Generator by Massona, didn't have much luck though. Electronica is much easier, just throw some Boards of Canada at people and they all seem to love it. Oh, and why is everyone wasting their time introducing people to such a bland genre as Metal anyhows?
if it was TEH METALZ then probably something from Kill 'em all, but just because everyone has heard of Metallica. Though, no one like my music at my school so I don't ever talk about music with them.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by †death_boy†

Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Don't really have a favorite genre.

Anyways, it depends on WHO I'm introducing the genre to.

If I wanted to introduce a metal head to classical, I'd play him Vivaldi's Four Seasons, but if I wanted to introduce a teenybopper to classical, I'd play her Canon in D, or Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite.

Etc.