Hey, nub question here, but I have never really seen another guitar with a knob like this on it. Is that the volume or something? Either way, it's a pretty ugly knob lol.
whoah....I dont know, how have I never seen that before???
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Dude, it also has 2 plugs...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
yeah thats a funky looking guitar... idk whats goin on there i hope someone can shed some light on this
well maybe it switches which of those 2 plugs are in use? i dont know, thats weird
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Quote by Dave Gilmour
Dude, it also has 2 plugs...

Yeah, they're labeled 'neck' and 'bridge'. A plug for each Pup? That makes no sense to me. TS, do you know what model guitar that is?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
It looks like an actual volume. Like when your guitar is overdriven, the volume knob becomes the Gain knob, so mabey it is an actual Volume knob? I have no idea
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Its called a Varitone. To my knowledge they were first used on Gibson 355's. Its a selector switch that enables various tone settings. The two output jacks enable the guitar to run in true stereo, i.e. one pickup through one channel or amp and the other through the other. One of the output jacks probably acts as the "main" jack, so you can run the guitar in mono. The original 335's had one stereo output jack, but it is a pain because you have to buy a special guitar cord.
Last edited by uldhppi at Sep 11, 2007,
Heh heh heh, that knob only goes to 6.

Mine goes to 11.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
It's to do with the pickups because look on the bottom where the input jack is, theres one for each pickup.
Well, I still don't know what this is for, but if you look down by the output jack, the plate is extended so there's some kind of alternate functionality going on there. Also the numbers on the knob only go to 6, so it's probably more like a rotary switch of some kind. The volume and tone kobs are still in tact.
Washburn Dime 333, Ibanez RG7620, LTD MH250NT w/ EMG 89x's
Modded Boss Metal Zone, Boss CE-5, DD-3, Intellifex
Jet City JCA2112RC, ADA MP-1 Preamp,
GK 400RB Bass head
Marshall and Ampeg 4x12 cabs
you plug it into your computer

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
id guess theres a preamp, because of the multiple pickups, but thats just me.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
The guitar is an Epiphone B.B. king Lucille. The switch is called a vari-tone switch. the two outputs are a stereo and mono outputs

...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
anybody else notice the fine tuners on the bridge? or are they just string locks to hold the ball end in place?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
how about a piezo pickup? they require a separate output dont they? which you can then blend on an outboard mixer with the signal from the regular pickups.