in the not so distant future im going to be getting a new bass and im thinking either a warwick rockbass corvette or a fortress.

i play more metal and like rock i guess, and im joining a prog. band soon so i was just wonderin which one of these would be better for these styles
Last edited by greenhalagog at Sep 11, 2007,
Warwick Fortresses are discontinued (other than the RockBass model), good luck getting hold of one for a reasonable price. Nice basses though.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Yeah, Caustic is right. the basses are great and have an awesome sound...but the price is high.

If you're thinking of a nice metal bass chek out some of the LTDs from ESP and the Schectors. They're a bit pricy too, but cheaper than the Warwicks.
A friend is someone who will bail you out of jail, but your best friend is the one sitting next to you saying "that was f***ing awesome"
Dude go for Rockbass fortress...
i think rockbass can be better then any of those.
and if your thinking in playing metal, go for 5 strings
AbsentMind
Oh, if it's RockBass, I definately prefer the Fortress over the others. It just sounds like it has more balls, at least to my ears.

I've long been a critic of ESP, especially their LTD series. Schecter Stiletto basses are fantastic though, but are the polar opposite of Warwick in terms of feel.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Anyway about the rockbass fortress... the finishings, i ordered highblackpolish, they didnt have
blackstain.
the blackhighpolish its just like the other reguler basses right?i mean that thick layer of ... i dunno what its called.
AbsentMind
It's a pretty thick glossy lacquer-y finish, yeah. At least it is on the natural finish that I have. Very tough unless your strap gives way and it lands on concrete Even then, the wood doesn't ding easily at all. Very durable basses.

The neck is very lightly finished and not "grabby" or sticky at all.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 12, 2007,
Damn i wanted the wood-look :S
i was thinking on getting 5 strings.. its the only one that has blackstain finish, those look very nice. but i never played a 5 string, its kind of risky. so i just got the blackhighpolish.
and the 5 string fortress only has j/j pickups,while the 4 strings has the p/j.
i just hope i made a good choice, theres no turning back now.. unless i dont pickup the gear.. but that would be to evil
AbsentMind
There's nothing wrong with the P/J setup on the Fortress, I can assure you. Unlike many, where the J is noticeably underpowered compared to the P, they're nicely balanced. You can get plenty of tones out of the thing, especially with the active EQ, even a good slap tone (on a bass with a P pickup that's impressive) if that floats your boat.
i want the p/j,but the fortress 5 strings dont have em.. at least thats what i found so far.
the fortress 5 strings only have j/j.
AbsentMind
Last edited by 0-n3gativ3 at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by 0-n3gativ3
i want the p/j,but the fortress 5 strings dont have em.. at least thats what i found so far.
the fortress 5 strings only have j/j.

Ahhh, sorry about that entire post then! I think I've got P/J defence built into my reflexes.

All the Fortress 5'ers have J/J's, yeah.