Page 1 of 2
Type in www.gibson.com

lifestyle?

o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my god

powertune

will take away all need to tune! how great!
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
that totally owns, the best guitar, and it tunes itself

it probably costs more than a prostitute threesome though
self tuning. i know a lot of people who can do with that. i hate when 5 minutes into a song the other guitarist exclaims "wait, i'm out of tune!"
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
gibson guitar with self-tuning = £150,000 (rough estimate)

normal guitar = £500
Tuner = £150 (let's go all out and splurge on a peterson).

= £650.

Hmmm.

(and you're right, i didn't even notice that self-tuning guitar, just the fact that gibson would think that they have a "lifestyle" is pathetic.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
£150,000 you could buy a small condo in spain and enough alcohol to wipe out russia, why spend it on a guitar
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I was going to second your "WTF?" about the Gibson "Lifestyle" but I thought I missed the point of your thread when everyone started talking about a self tuning guitar. I now have to add another "WTF?" for the guitar.
^^ agreed.

^agreed.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
wow please create a dam S.G like that mine goes out of tune all the time
I could have used one of those self tuning guitars when I used to drink and gig at the same time.
Gibson makes it seem exclusive to their guitars, but it doesn't look that way on the video on it on youtube. Looks very cool though, I wish I invented it cause they are going to make a fuck load from it.
Last edited by shoted at Sep 11, 2007,
I remember seeing an auto tuning system a couple years ago, I'm not sure if it was the powertune system made by this one company. And Gibson just tries to go out and act super cool because they sell this system. The powertune system could probably be implemented into something with a bolt on or something custom built for a hell of a lot cheaper than Gibson would.

And anyways are people so lazy to use a tuner and their hands?
I am glad that one has the half step down option. That is what kept me from getting the VG.
wait. will it play for me too? cause that would be so awesome.

WTF squared.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Man I can't believe they want more than a very decent guitar for that system. Hell for the price of the system alone I could get like 3 nice import guitars

And another thing, if the knob for controlling the tunings is on the body and the tuner controls are on the headstock, how do they interface? I wonder if they use a wireless system?
I can't wait till another company releases there own that works with all guitars for 700 dollars less
900 bucks for it? I thought the bitch was gonna be at least 3K...well Gibson has made a smart move in this case, hell I'd buy it...****.
Are we going to make this so easy anybody can do it. Whats next the self playing guitar. You just have to stand there and look cool.
i can't believe how this thread deteriorated into talking about that tuning system.

I was complaining about gibson corporate BS, trying to sell a "lifestyle"...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gibson get more and more ridiculous every time I hear about them...

"Lifestyle", what a load of bull.

And this 'powertune' system is nothing but a kneejerk reaction to the VG strat, both ideas are good in principle but I'll be there are many, many flaws in it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gibson tries to take advantage of more chumps.

This is me not being surprised .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
if the system works and doesnt letme down id easy buy 1
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Just another reason to dislike Gibson, for me.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Gibson ain't what they used to be.

Really nowdays they're pathetic (and this comes form a Gibson owner!)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yeah, it's too "corporate", if you ask me. they're selling a brand, rather than a good guitar. Not that their guitars are bad, per se, just it kinda annoys me. Fender are similar, but not just as bad.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, it's too "corporate", if you ask me. they're selling a brand, rather than a good guitar. Not that their guitars are bad, per se, just it kinda annoys me. Fender are similar, but not just as bad.

Mwah. I really don't think Gibson's corporate strategy can be compared to that of Fender. At least to me, Fender still seem to have some integrity left.

And they never sued Ibanez for making better guitars than them.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
there's talk over at TGP that fender are going to try to trademark the strat shape so that anyone else who try to make guitars based on fenders (e.g. suhr, tyler etc.) won't be allowed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
according to musicians friend you buy the powertune system seperately for $900 and attatch it to your sg/les paul or w/e

not toooooooo bad but still i'd rather just tune myself
^^ would G+L be allowed?
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!