well i managed to get a band together and i want to know afew things

1.Is it best to do an original or a cover

2.What sould we wear coordination or just pure im me nobody else type thing

3.We have 1 vocals/guitar 1 strictly guitar 1 bass and a new/novice drummer good or bad combo?

4.What should we look out for when we perform i think it will be everyone first performance

5.We managed to get the band room at school every school day 6 and the talent show is in february, should that be good enough if everyone goes home to practices aswell?

6.If u want share ur jam space experiences, any place u think was just awsome or even just mention the best place youve ever practiced

T.I.A.
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
behringer pedal:TO800, UD100, EQ700
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
-have succesful first show
Last edited by rockintill2 at Sep 11, 2007,
1.cover definatly
but of a lesser know band

2.keep your own style

3. sounds fine as long as signer is playing rythm

4.cant help you there buddy sorry
just make sure you triple check you instruments

5.should be [and that wasnt a very good question it was stated wierd so i cant give a real good answer]

6.practice in a garage as long as you have an empty space equal to a car the acoustics should be great
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
--Its really up to you. Covers u can use to let people hear how you sound and such. but still make originals

--Also up to you guys. in my band we just wear whatever we want. if you want a gimmicky type thing then u can coordinate

3.We have 1 vocals/guitar 1 strictly guitar 1 bass and a new/novice drummer good or bad combo?
--All depends on how you use what you have. you can make it a good combo or bad

4.What should we look out for when we perform i think it will be everyone first performance
--Be sure not to be too stiff and nervous. i know you will be if its everyones first performance. but just have fun, and stay focused

5.We managed to get the band room at school every school day 6 and the talent show is in february i think should the be good enough if everyone goes home to practice aswell?
--Once again depends on you guys. Some ppl may be fast learners, some not so much, depends on how often they practice
1. Starting out, covers.
2. Totally up to the band
4. See if people are into what you're playing
5. It should be, given everyone practices well.
6. We jam in my aunt's garage, but, any place that's big enough to hold us and our equipment suits us fine.
well sounds nice and the n00b drummer idea depends on the genre you play (ie, if you play blues, he might do it, if you play heavy metal, he wont be able to play one or master of puppets or those long fast songs cuz he might get tired ). the guitarrist/singer is a good idea, as the band will look better on stage and the vocalist will have something to do during solos and etc

good luck. how are you called
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by rockintill2
well i managed to get a band together and i want to know afew things

5.We managed to get the band room at school every school day 6 and the talent show is in february i think should the be good enough if everyone goes home to practice aswell?

6.If u want share u jam space any place u think was just awsome or even just mention the best place youve practiced

T.I.A.

Okay
1) combination of both
2) thats really up to you but I think wearing stuff in coordination is kinda gay
3) not bad but if the drummer sucks get a new one
4) Be prepared, first performances are ussually shaky unless your experienced on stage
5) Yes
6) what?
oh man, and you should first make covers of bands everyone likes, to make them feel good on the band

if you like pantera, tell them to play cowboys from hell, if the vocalists likes children of bodom a you dont, play that because you might get a bit of in ifluence from alexi laiho and then when you have a lot of covers done, your songwriting might be a better, and you will know more bands than the ones you liked before.

and covers work for your first shows
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
well this is my second band ive written originals and well the singer is more like a.... softer rythem style guy but the best way i can put it is..

vocals/guitarist-banana pancakes style guitar if you know that song its like jack johnson or sumthign
me guitar-santana funky soul type red hot chili peppers influence
bass- punk and well anything hes a good bass player he smiles and nods lol jk mark:P
drummer-plays alotta hard stuff metal influence but mostly he just loves music and loves playing it, as do we all do
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
Quote by rockintill2
well this is my second band ive written originals and well the singer is more like a.... softer rythem style guy but the best way i can put it is..

vocals/guitarist-banana pancakes style guitar if you know that song its like jack johnson or sumthign
me guitar-santana funky soul type red hot chili peppers influence
bass- punk and well anything hes a good bass player he smiles and nods lol jk mark:P
drummer-plays alotta hard stuff metal influence but mostly he just loves music and loves playing it, as do we all do

definatly consider coving a rchp song
most likely californincation
let your drummer pick some heavy stuff he wants too

no idea whats ogin on with that vocalist

and you bassist just let him do what he wants
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
http://youtube.com/watch?v=L_BoZ_Qdyl0

ladies and gentleman banana pancakes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_akmqrZUujc

and that is my singer thats his own song btw for his gf

what do you think?
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
Last edited by rockintill2 at Sep 11, 2007,
bump
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
your singers pretty good.... ill write u a setlist cuz im bored

start up with a uptempo song...

if your into it, do a pop-punk song.... or a happier RHCP song, like snow or hump de bump

next, go for a heavier song....

one thing ive found works good is poison covers... even though theres some harder guitar work in them...

then, go for a cover of something everyone knows.... maybe a Foo Fighters song... or some RHCP if you havent already played any....

next, play some kind of ballad.... nothing too epic, try to find something a little bit less known... or even play a full band version of the song the singer wrote... i thought it was real good

next, try to write an original..... something kind of energetic if you can... no ballads here

lastly, play an Epic ballad.... something people will remember you for.... and if your band can improvise at all, try to jam a little on the song.... it will make people remember you better...

good luck
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by rockintill2

Cover

?

Try out singer/guitar/bass/drums , if the singer can't play and sing it will be awkward

No experience here

5.We managed to get the band room at school every school day 6 and the talent show is in february, should that be good enough if everyone goes home to practices aswell?
How many songs?
6.If u want share ur jam space experiences, any place u think was just awsome or even just mention the best place youve ever practiced
Bassists shed (with shandy)
T.I.A.

There we go.
i talked to the teacher and they said only one or two songs if were lucky
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play