I'm noramlly a bass guitar player but I just got my first acoustic guitar and I'm not sure what to play. Are their any really easy songs you can suggest for me?
stairway to heaven by led zepplin
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
hotel california, beatles songs, tom petty, i like playing babe im gonna leave you by led zep.
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
Congrats on the new guitar

None of those suggestions are anything I'd suggest if you're just picking up a guitar for the first time. Start with somthing like "Wish you were here" so you can familliarize yourself with basic chords.

Try searching the forum for 'beginner songs' or check out The Definitive Song Thread. Lots of good suggestions there.

That aside, make sure to learn your basic open chords: G, D, C, Am, and E.

Good luck
Last edited by Garou1911 at Sep 11, 2007,
A lot of Pink Floyd, mainly every song from the wall has an acoustic guitar in it, and wish you were here. Jets to Brazil if you want some simpler songs that still sound great.
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Quote by Garou1911
Congrats on the new guitar

Try searching the forum for 'beginner songs' or check out The Definitive Song Thread. Lots of good suggestions there.

That aside, make sure to learn your basic open chords: G, D, C, Am, and E.

Good luck

Thanks! My uncle gave it to me. The A peg is broken so it's about a note sharp. I'm hopefully going to get it repaired soon. Thanks for the suggestions too guys!
Last edited by IcePh0enix at Sep 11, 2007,