a 1/4" jack speaker cable. looks the same as a guitar cable, but that doesnt mean you can use a guitar cable

also check out vader cabs. that behringer cab isn't great
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
and heres another question.. can i use my roland cube amp as the head?? My friend uses his amp as what he runs to his cab so i just figured i could too.
does the cube have a jack on the back labelled "external speaker out" or "extensions speaker out"
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
it has a jack that says headphone/ recording out or sumthin along those lines
you're planning on using a roland cube to power a 4x12? lol.

and yeah, +1 on the behringer's not being too good.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Quote by Linktear
well i have no idea so that why im askin.. whats wrong with that?

its not necessary casue you probably would not notice much of a difference other than looks
well the amp is 15w and the cab is 400 so i figured it would atleast be a little bit louder haha.. So can i not power that cab with a cube?
Quote by Linktear
well the amp is 15w and the cab is 400 so i figured it would atleast be a little bit louder haha.. So can i not power that cab with a cube?

You can power it, its just that it wont be that much louder than it already is. Right now it seems like it would be worth it
Quote by thrice07
You can power it, its just that it wont be that much louder than it already is. Right now it seems like it would be worth it

Yea, with 15w, your not gonna notice too much difference, and it probably could sound worse, because so little wattage is going to each speaker they each have less energy to reproduce the sound, so I'd say more is better hear. Even if you had a 100w cab, the difference in sound volume between a 2x12 and a 4x12 is about 3dB, so reguarless of what your powering it with, your not gaining a lot.

To put it simply, the volume comes from the amp head, not what cab you have.

Also, Behringer is not a good cab at all. First, Behringer's have a reputation of being made as cheaply as possible, thats why that 4x12 is affordable. Also, you should make sure your cab has reputable speakers like Eminence or Celestion. There your getting Behringer speakers, which could sound like who knows what.

EDIT: There's a reason that cab costs less than $300, and it's not because Behringer has a lower markup than Marshall... if you get what I'm saying. You get what you pay for.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by Linktear
it has a jack that says headphone/ recording out or sumthin along those lines

that;s not a "speaker out" anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011