Okay, right now I have a piece of **** tone wise Marshall MG30 amp. I hate it.

Anyway i was looking for a great blues tone like SRV or something that will get me close to it, but I also want a John Frusciante type tone or something close to it at the same time.

I was told the Fender Blues Junior is the right amp to get that Frusciante like tone but is it as Blusey as the name suggests?

Also I plan to begin to have small gigs this year at my school's gym so will it be loud enough? And I want this amp to last me atleast a year and a half maybe two years will it last?

So is the Fender Blues Junior the right amp for me? If not, what is? (Now don't go saying some exspenive ass amp, i'm only 13 running on allowences and odd jobs...)
Quote by slidething31
Blues men don't wear band T shirts.
fender blues junior is great for blues and classic rock, should handle the chili's fine and will definitely get you a decent SRV tone. Correct me if i'm wrong but it's 15w tube, that should definitely fill a school gym
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Thanks, any idea how long it should last?
Quote by slidething31
the amp will last forever and it sounds amazing if you use pedals like me i play everything bluegrass, metal, jazz, blues.......... anyway they sound amazing and they are LOUD!!!! don't let the 15w fool you i had a solid state peavey/marshall half stack and the fender blues jr. is just as loud but has a great tone.
It is excellent for bluesy sounds. I also think it could easily be loud enough for a gym, as I haven't ran mine past volume at full, and master at 6-7, with a full band.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Alright thanks alot. Now as soon as I can sell my marshall, I'll be lookin for some good deals onthe blues junior. Once again thaks
Quote by slidething31
yea its definitely a great investment. i have one. it was great. now got new speakers and retubed, its even better.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard