ok so my friend got an alexi laiho signature v which, not being a big bodom fan, i must still admit its ****ing sick but he's got a problem....the EMG HZ seems to make a high pitched squealing whenever he stops playing even if he holds the strings. We tried it in 3 different amps with differen cables still the same problem. We also tried standing as far away from the amp as possible which in this case was 25 feet. I think it might be a problem with the ground wire that grounds the strings but he won't let me crack open his guitar without knowing for sure. Any suggestions?
kick him in the face

then take a look at the guitar it sounds like wiring problems

edit:
i noticed you in chicago
where did he get it?
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
thats interesting, because the guitarist in my band has the same guitar and the same problem.
i really dont know.
help really would be nice
aye grounding issue/poorly potted pups could be the problem.

Either way I'd get rid of that hz. It's not a very good pup. Just replace all the electronics along with it.
check the wiring. and perhaps he shouldve bought a better guitar, it doesnt have the preamp in it like on laiho's, so i dont really think ESP should sell or laiho endorse it
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
kick him in the face

then take a look at the guitar it sounds like wiring problems

edit:
i noticed you in chicago
where did he get it?

lol thats what i think too i know a little about wiring since ive rewired just about all of my guitars at some point
ya i'm trying to talk him into letting me drop an 81 and preamp in it
is he one of those OMGZ METALZOR kids who has gain/high/med/low/volume up allllll the way on his amp? if so, do as stated above first, kick him in the face... you might want to do it twice, just to make sure, then turn his amp settings down a little.

other than that, it is likely his pickups. Ive seen this happen on other guitars, both those are really old les pauls with pickups that have been worn out, so they are unpotted and squeal. nasty electronics make for a nasty sound.
Quote by RCA1186
lol thats what i think too i know a little about wiring since ive rewired just about all of my guitars at some point

ha nice you should get a job at gc rewire their guitars
ive played a few out there and had that happen only once i think
the guy never told me what it was [first and last time i ever played a dean lol]
Quote by metul kult

no he knows how to work the amp as do i and it didn't work on my amp either...but as i suspected its probably wiring so based on your responses i'm either going to;
1. Kick him in the face and fix the wiring
2. Kick him in the face and put in an 81 and its wiring or..
3. Kick him in the face
ha sweet

oh really
damn
wanted to try one out but gc [im like 40 min away from 3 others around here] never has em in
Quote by metul kult

maybe sam ash i think ive seen them there if you have one near i live in a suburb of chicago actually and the guitar center and sam ash nearest me are basically next to eachother ive never seen one at guitar center though
theres a sam ash out here?
ha now i feel stupid to have not noticed it

which guitar center are you by?
Quote by metul kult

eh not sure its an ltd the one that costs around a grand and some change the same one my friend has
kick him in the face and check the wiring. also are you using a dist pedal? cuz if your layering the it with the od on an amp it does the same thing.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
So dont thurt the guitar. You know they have feeling too!!! And i know this because this one time my friend bought a Fender Telecaster and then a couple of days later he was playing and he broke one of the string and the guitar made a noise like it was a kid. So then we took it to a gypsy and it told us that we should enfuse it with mandrake root and milk so then it will come alive and we can use it to play really good guitar and it'll grow up into a good guitar so it wont scream. But instead we were like "No way man thats just wack!" why would anyone ever want to do that! I mean comon putting you guitar in milk and infusing it with mandrake root is probably going to hurt it even more. Like its voicebox also known as "pickups" will rust and get destroyed which would definatly be negative and not positive. So we left and then we took the guitar back to his house and we played it again and it didnt make any noise so we we're like "dude this needs a new voicebox!" and then we went to the pickup shop and bought a voicebox. But then it turned out to be an Emg and we decided to max everything out and cook eggs on the voicebox instead but as we were cooking them it all EXPLODED!!!! and then there was fried egg everywhere and i was liek "uh ohez" and then it was troubles! So i left before we had to clean everything up. Then his guitar came to life and destroyed me and my family while we were all asleep!

Lesson is, dont be stupid. Buy a bigger guitar!
Quote by Hayzed
So dont thurt the guitar. You know they have feeling too!!! And i know this because this one time my friend bought a Fender Telecaster and then a couple of days later he was playing and he broke one of the string and the guitar made a noise like it was a kid. So then we took it to a gypsy and it told us that we should enfuse it with mandrake root and milk so then it will come alive and we can use it to play really good guitar and it'll grow up into a good guitar so it wont scream. But instead we were like "No way man thats just wack!" why would anyone ever want to do that! I mean comon putting you guitar in milk and infusing it with mandrake root is probably going to hurt it even more. Like its voicebox also known as "pickups" will rust and get destroyed which would definatly be negative and not positive. So we left and then we took the guitar back to his house and we played it again and it didnt make any noise so we we're like "dude this needs a new voicebox!" and then we went to the pickup shop and bought a voicebox. But then it turned out to be an Emg and we decided to max everything out and cook eggs on the voicebox instead but as we were cooking them it all EXPLODED!!!! and then there was fried egg everywhere and i was liek "uh ohez" and then it was troubles! So i left before we had to clean everything up. Then his guitar came to life and destroyed me and my family while we were all asleep!

Lesson is, dont be stupid. Buy a bigger guitar!

that was probably the lamest thing i ever read, in fact we are now all slightly dumber for having read it
There seems to be a general consesus to kicking him in the face. I'll second that, and check the wiring, and if ANYTHING is wrong, replace the pickup with a real EMG (active) or a Seymour Duncan SH-4, or the Blackout if your friend is obsessed with Alexi's sound. I'd definetly say get that HZ outta there. Those suck ballsack.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i saw the blackout recently know anything about them? i want to try one out
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
i thought those guitars had some kind of treble boost or some bs like that on em
Quote by silhouettica
in my opinion, the only reason that dean and BC Rich guitars are so popular is because the people who play only want them for the pointy parts to stab people (such as their singer, or that guy from fall out boy)