Hey hey guys!

I have been looking for some USB devices that I can use on my computer so that I can record my guitar stuff on it but I am really lost!

I don't know what I should buy and I really don't want to spend more than $100 on that piece of equipment.

Can somebody help me find a good recording gear for my guitar?
Btw, I don't really care if it comes with a software because I already got one for different tones, etc.

Thanks guys!
line 6 tone core gear box.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
you can buy a $3, 1/8" plug and line out from ur amp into the back of ur computer, line in.

and then record ur songs with a free program like AUDACITY
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you can buy a $3, 1/8" plug and line out from ur amp into the back of ur computer, line in.

and then record ur songs with a free program like AUDACITY

Would it have the same sound quality though?

My friend gave me the Native Instruments Guitar Rig software, so buying that plug would solve my problem?

radio shack or similar.

sounds fine. u can even mic ur amp if u like it's tone and send the mic into the line in.

just be sure to select the "line in" under the recording software's options.
the "mic in" doesnt always sound as good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

DONT be tempted by stealthplug! I just got that and it worked fine (although the modelling isnt something to should about on the amplitube you get with it) and then the stealth plug caused my computer to emit a deafening high pitch squeal, which was followed by the blue screen of death and my laptop couldnt load windows and had to perform a system restore - i had all the right drivers too!! so if you are tempted by stealthplug as a way to connect your guitar through USB, i strongly recommend you dont.... from experience

EDIT: Ive heard good things about audacity - but i had a play around with something called "Quartz AudioMaster" - its a freeware program thing for recording and it has like a virtual mixing desk - just download it from www.download.com and give it a try - its not bad for free
Last edited by slashs_#1_fan at Sep 11, 2007,
depends on ur soundcard. and i gotta say, if ur computer isnt up to the task it doesnt make much difference which recording equipment u use in front of it.

costs about $3 to find out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
depends on ur soundcard. and i gotta say, if ur computer isnt up to the task it doesnt make much difference which recording equipment u use in front of it.

costs about $3 to find out.

Yea, Ill give it a try!

My pc is a Intel C2D 2.13ghz , its got 2 gigs ddr2 400mhz ram and a nice vga (which i dont think comes in handy in this case)

So hopefully I will be fine :P
Thanks! =*
Line 6 toneport or guitarport

Both are good the money.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
What do you guys say of the Digitech RP250?

It does what I need it to do, and I can also carry it and use it with my amp ;D
Well what do you plan to do with the Digitech RP250? if you plan to go out of it into your computer it will be a waste of money - in fact it will only be of any use if you need something portable. Oh, and just a note that using a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor will sound rather crappy. Also - this thread should be in Riffs and Recordings.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
Well what do you plan to do with the Digitech RP250? if you plan to go out of it into your computer it will be a waste of money - in fact it will only be of any use if you need something portable. Oh, and just a note that using a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor will sound rather crappy. Also - this thread should be in Riffs and Recordings.

Dude you are from DC!
I live in Laurel ;D

So... using a RP250 to record my stuff on the computer is not a good idea? =\
No - the tone of your amp will almost always be better than what you will get recording from an effects processor.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Think of it like frozen dinners vs. the real thing.

The frozen dinner is quicker and easier, but tastes like cardboard.

And these effects processors DO sound like cardboard.
Just got myself the toneport and its quite as hell when it's not played...

And the software that comes with it is cool =)

I am enjoying it so far ;D
Quote by thrice_removed
No - the tone of your amp will almost always be better than what you will get recording from an effects processor.

Thats provided that you have a good mic and a good soundcard
Otherwise modeling is the answer
^Still if the amp has a line out even THAT will likely sound better than something like the RP250.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call