Page 1 of 2
Right theres a few things i want to put and i know most of you will probly just say no but ohh well. (im not sure exactly where to put this because some are political and some are religious so i made my own thread)

The first thing that annoys me is the saying "everyone is equal" this annoys me for a number of reasons.
1. The first thing is people with different coloured skin are equal. Don't get me wrong i am not racist or anything, but whos to say that people with black skin are not better than people with brown/white skin and people with brown skin are not better than people with white/black skin (and you can do all the other combinations). Even whos to say that people with different coloured skin aren't all equal. But why is it we assume everyone is equal and why is this (i know different people think different things for this)
2. If everyone is equal then why isn't everyone treated the same, for example (people are not all payed the same amount of money for the job they do, everyone does not contribute the same amount to society, etcetera)
3. Something that completely contridicts number two is the fact that people say everyone is an individual and therefore no two people should be treated the same and everyone should have to abide by different rules/laws.

The second and last thing that annoys me is that people who think they have the answers to ultimate questions (and i know im being a bit strotypical in this) can never accept other peoples views on things and always think there right (and they may be for all i know).

I don't expect people to give me answers to these questions (be great if you could), but just to say whether or not they get where i am coming from.

And just so you know im not a religious person as i think that all the religions i have heard of so far are a load of bollocks.
*looks at username and sig*

You like repetition, don't you?
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Ignorance and hypocrisy usually lead the masses.

Yeah but what im saying is why is that way of thinking ignorant and being hypocritical, you could say it was ignorant not to think your'e better than someone else.

PS sorry if it does not all make sense it doesnt to me.
Quote by Gemini
*looks at username and sig*

You like repetition, don't you?

lol i see where your'e coming from.
Quote by mimimimi
Yeah but what im saying is why is that way of thinking ignorant and being hypocritical, you could say it was ignorant not to think your'e better than someone else.

PS sorry if it does not all make sense it doesnt to me.

Oh I get you, and I completely agree.
not every ones equal, but you should treat people as your equals
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by heyy1234
lol

lol
Quote by thewho65

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by RentACar
Your point of view is what we know asCommunism

And im completely sure if you read it all propely then you wouldnt think that. In communism everyone is equal (well thats what they say they have a dictator) if yuo read it all properly i actually questioned that.
no he didn't say he wanted everyone to be equal he's just annoyed with people saying that everyone is
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by Sean-Man
not every ones equal, but you should treat people as your equals

But why should you treat someone as something there not?
Quote by mimimimi
But why should you treat someone as something there not?

Because it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ^_^
Quote by thewho65

Quote by RentACar
Your point of view is what we know asCommunism

No, not really. I think his opinion is actually the most non-Communist opinion possible.

I do somewhat agree with you though. Clearly some people are better than others. Only losers call everyone equal.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
right like i said im not looking for answer (altough there are mostly ok) just want to know if you can see where im coming from.
When someone says that we are all equal they do not mean to say that we are all the same. That is obvious, we don't look the same we're not the same. Equality is not something that we have achieved, it is what we are striving for.

I get the feeling that you don't quite understand what equality entails.. race is not a factor; when we talk about equality we FORGET that humans are born different and then attempt to give everyone equal rights, opportunity etc from there.
I don't know, I think we're on equal footing as PEOPLE since we're essentially all the same except for minor differences. When people say we're equal I think they mean no certain "type" (gender/race/religion) should be denied an opportunity simply because they are of that "type". Which I agree with.

The inequality starts when certain people seize opportunity, others do not, still others do not have it within their reach. This changes the end, so that the outcomes (paying jobs, contributions to society) are not equal.

We're not equal but our inequality doesn't have anything to do with race or any of that bs. It's our facilities and what we make of them...IMO anyway.

Did that make sense?
Quote by macho man
When someone says that we are all equal they do not mean to say that we are all the same. That is obvious, we don't look the same we're not the same. Equality is not something that we have achieved, it is what we are striving for.

I get the feeling that you don't quite understand what equality entails.. race is not a factor; when we talk about equality we FORGET that humans are born different and then attempt to give everyone equal rights, opportunity etc from there.

I get that but what i am asking is WHY everyone should be given equal rights and oppourtunities
Quote by blu_flame34
I don't know, I think we're on equal footing as PEOPLE since we're essentially all the same except for minor differences. When people say we're equal I think they mean no certain "type" (gender/race/religion) should be denied an opportunity simply because they are of that "type". Which I agree with.

The inequality starts when certain people seize opportunity, others do not, still others do not have it within their reach. This changes the end, so that the outcomes (paying jobs, contributions to society) are not equal.

We're not equal but our inequality doesn't have anything to do with race or any of that bs. It's our facilities and what we make of them...IMO anyway.

Did that make sense?

But certain people are not always given oppourtunities, for example a person in school has the oppourtunity to do well, however another student in this persons class pisses about and this means the teacher can not teach. Therfore this person messing about takes away this other persons oppourtunity. Therefore if one person has the power to take something away from someone else then how can they be equal.

and yes it made sense.
"everyone is equal, but some people are more equal than others"

thats a quote i heard from somewhere. i think that pretty much sums everything up.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Welcome to the real world. What's decent and moral no longer applies. Enjoy your stay.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
i still don't think all of you understand im not saying people are equal or aren't equal im asking why people are equal or aren't equal and what makes people beter than other people
Quote by mimimimi
i still don't think all of you understand im not saying people are equal or aren't equal im asking why people are equal or aren't equal and what makes people beter than other people

Personality? Circumstance? Looks? Society? Religion? There's a lot of reasons why people aren't seen as great as others.
kk thanks for all answering me, but i cba writing a reply to every person that posts explaining something that i don't agree with. I was mainly making this thread just to make sure what i was thinking didn't make me sound like a complete retard and im guessin i had a few ok views.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Personality? Circumstance? Looks? Society? Religion? There's a lot of reasons why people aren't seen as great as others.

Then if that is true then how come people in certain areas all obide by the same rules/laws when there all individuals. Who gives who the right to group us?
Everyone is equal because having a different color skin doesn't make you more or less of a person, you're personality and attitude does.

Not everyone is treated the same because more people contribute more to society while others steal from it.

And I don't completely understand the third one.

I agree on your last statement though, people think they know the answers to all lifes questions, like that book of the morman commercial, apparently it tells you what the meaning of your life is :S How do they know?!
Originally posted by slash_cobain
when the refrigerater tells u to kill stuff and then u do it and noone believes that the refrigerater would say such a thing and while all this is going on, the frige, sitting innocently in the corner, starts making anti semitic remarks
Quote by mimimimi
Then if that is true then how come people in certain areas all obide by the same rules/laws when there all individuals. Who gives who the right to group us?

Anyone who gets the benefits of what I just listed gets to group you. All of the things I had listed have something in common and that is that people will follow anyone who leads those ideas. The reason why is because it's a universal everyone can agree to, and since they had those ideas or benefits in the first place, who's leading? And if they're leading who's grouping?
Quote by yzerman17
Everyone is equal because having a different color skin doesn't make you more or less of a person, you're personality and attitude does.

Not everyone is treated the same because more people contribute more to society while others steal from it.

And I don't completely understand the third one.

I agree on your last statement though, people think they know the answers to all lifes questions, like that book of the morman commercial, apparently it tells you what the meaning of your life is :S How do they know?!

For your'e first answer WHY does the colour of your skin make you more or less of a person.

For your second answer youv'e misunderstiood what ive put but cba explaining im tired

And for youre third answer fair does
Quote by someguitarguy88
Anyone who gets the benefits of what I just listed gets to group you. All of the things I had listed have something in common and that is that people will follow anyone who leads those ideas. The reason why is because it's a universal everyone can agree to, and since they had those ideas or benefits in the first place, who's leading? And if they're leading who's grouping?

I didn' reallt understand that one sorry any chance of you trying to re-write it?
Quote by blu_flame34

Did that make sense?

It's not in your opinion at all you were completely right the TS is an idiot.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
mimimimi, I can barely understand a word you're babbling on about. He didn't say that skin colour made you more or less of a person. If anyone said that, it was you!
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by tayroar
It's not in your opinion at all you were completely right the TS is an idiot.

Yes but read what i put, im not saying i don't believe that im saying WHY!!!

and how can u call someone an idiot for having and opinion (and its not even an opinion its a question)
Quote by mimimimi
The second and last thing that annoys me is that people who think they have the answers to ultimate questions (and i know im being a bit strotypical in this) can never accept other peoples views on things and always think there right (and they may be for all i know).

I don't expect people to give me answers to these questions (be great if you could), but just to say whether or not they get where i am coming from.

And just so you know im not a religious person as i think that all the religions i have heard of so far are a load of bollocks.

Wow, you must annoy yourself huh?
Welcome to BUCKETHEADLAND

Last edited by Colonel Sanders : Yesterday at 10:54 PM.
Quote by mimimimi
I didn' reallt understand that one sorry any chance of you trying to re-write it?

Well are you going to rewrite all of your garbled mess?
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by mimimimi

Heh sorry.

People who are seen as better usually get to group you for who you are since people will back them up, since people will agree with religion etc.
Page 1 of 2